“Worth the Hunt”

Add it.
Crumby Art Bakehouse and Cakery
Ranked #10 of 22 Restaurants in Elm Grove
Reviewed September 6, 2017 via mobile

GPS failed to deliver me to this bakery, but I persisted. It's tucked into the courtyard of an erstwhile apartment complex, amid other shops and businesses. One of the proprietors, the primary baker, was serving customers at the counter. She is extremely friendly and was chatting with some regulars while I checked the menu board for the breakfast carbs that looked best to me. When my turn came, she gave me the rundown on everything available that morning. She explained that she tends to have "weird" stuff - unexpected or experimental ingredient pairings - in the store, while more traditionally flavored fare (like sugar cookies) is available for order online. I ended up choosing an assortment of baked goods to go. (There are a handful of small tables in the front of the cozy store, and I thought I spied a few more in the back.) My first choice, the blueberry zucchini muffin, was possibly the best blueberry muffin I've ever enjoyed - perfect texture, amount of berries, and subtle sweetness. I also enjoyed the butterscotch pumpkin scone, delicious and surprisingly moist for a scone. My husband said the same about the cinnamon cardamom scone I saved for him. His other treat was a salted caramel biscotti, which he loved. Expect to find yummy crumbs at Crumby Art, with freshly roasted coffee, of course.

Reviewed August 5, 2017 via mobile

Stopped in here with the kids for some desserts. They have a variety of cookies, brownies, cupcakes, muffins, scones, etc. They also bake cakes and do gluten free baking too! They have a variety of drinks and coffees. Great little cafe!