All reviews fire pit tennis courts board games peninsula state park grills and picnic tables door county woodsy feel short stay indoor pool remodeled rooms sized refrigerator laminate flooring staff was friendly and accommodating hot tub double queen nice weekend sink mirror
Reviewed August 11, 2017 via mobile

My daughter and I stayed here and had a very nice stay. Very quiet as it's tucked back off the county rd. Very nice pool area and outdoor areas. We had a recently remodeled room that was nice and clean. Staff was very friendly!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
ManagerPWL, Manager at Parkwood Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2017

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope you will stay with again!

Reviewed August 9, 2017

We have been to Door County for the last 15 years but have never stayed at Fish Creek. We were late in booking lodging this year and many of our favorite places are fully booked. Parkwood Lodge is an older property and everything seemed tired to me. This was our desperate booking based on availability and price value. My advice is to book early whenever you can. Fish Creek is a good and convenient area.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Kurospii
ManagerPWL, Guest Relations Manager at Parkwood Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2017

Thank you for your review! We are in the process of updating all of our units, and are nearly finished. We invite you to visit us again the next time you are in Fish Creek, and check out one of our remodeled rooms!

Reviewed August 2, 2017 via mobile

My Mom made the reservations at this lodge for a vacation and we had a great time. The rooms have not been updated in quite a while but everything was clean and that is all that matters to me.

When we checked in, the staff was so friendly and welcoming. Like you were staying over at your friends folks house.

The amenities were kitschy fun. Nice indoor pool with balls, kick boards and noodles for the kids to play with. I liked the big hot tub.

Game room had a pool table and video games.

Free Door County coffee was a nice touch. I fell in love with the Cherry Creme flavor.
The location of this resort was nice. It was in the middle of everything we wanted to do.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
ManagerPWL, Guest Relations Manager at Parkwood Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2017

Thank you so much for your review! We are in the final stretch of updating our units, and are very excited with how they are turning out. Our staff, pool, and gameroom are always big hits with everyone of all ages. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Fish Creek!

Reviewed August 1, 2017 via mobile

Room was very nice, large and clean.
Staff was friendly and accommodating. They supplied tables and chairs outside for our meet and greet.
Price was average. Location was within walking distance from a nice breakfast place, but mosquitos were so bad that walking anywhere was not an option.
Las in all, it was a nice experience.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Thank you so much for your review! Mosquitoes have certainly been a "joy" this year, all over the Peninsula. We do do treat our property, but they've been pesky this year. We are glad you enjoyed your stay, and hope to see you again.

Reviewed July 31, 2017

Parkview was nice, but certainly nothing special. Very friendly staff, and rooms were mostly clean, although there were a couple a rubber bands... the kind used for braces (the mouth kind), that were on the edge of the tub when we got there. I left them there to see if the staff would get rid of them the next day...they didn't, but just covered them up by placing the fresh floor towel folded on top of them...still in the same place. Hmmm! Otherwise quite clean. Rooms are basic, but unless there is bad weather, you shouldn't be hanging out in the room...too much to do in Door County. I found it incredibly annoying that the sink/counter was out in the main room and not in the bathroom. Couldn't use the sink late/early/middle of night, or make coffee in the morning in fear of waking the others in the party. Also, the office should open up at 7 AM at the latest. Eight is just too late...not everyone sleeps late. I wanted the nice cherry coffee, and some decaf they had in the office (since I couldn't make it in the room-plus I didn't want to make a whole pot for 1 1/2 cups), and had to wait around till 8 for the coffee. But it's nice that they have all kinds of games and sports equipment to borrow. Overall, nice people, basic room, mostly clean place, but I wouldn't stay again because of the sink issue. I do feel it was overpriced, but all places are in the summer up there, so this was much more reasonable than most.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Thank you so much for your review! We do have a few rooms on the property where the sinks are in with the Bathroom, however the majority of them are split. Some folks do appreciate the option to get ready (one in the bath, one using the sink). We do provide coffee in the rooms for our early risers (Decaf upon request), to tide you over until you can get to our flavored coffees, that we provide complimentary in our lobby. If you should decide to give us another try, mention you don't care for the split configuration, and we can place you in a unit that has everything in the restroom. We hope to see you again!