“Wonderful breakfast with friends.”

Schreiner's Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 135 Restaurants in Fond du Lac
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Groups, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Sherwood, Wisconsin
“Wonderful breakfast with friends.”
Reviewed 12 February 2012

Had not stopped since they freshened up the interior and added the pub. Basicaly still the same great restaurant. Service was friendly and good. I had quiche, wonderful with a fresh blueberry muffin. Spouse had a strawberry waffle that she enjoyed and our friends went for bacon and eggs, super bacon as I got a slice.

• Visited February 2012

Houston TX, Elkhart Lake WI
“A Wisconsin Tradition - Maybe Best Avoided”
Reviewed 14 January 2012

Everyone in Wisconsin knows Schreiners, particularly those in SE Wisconsin. Schreiners is best know for its' pies and deserts. I first went to Schreiners in the last '70's and have stopped in over the years, most recently Dec 2011.

In Dec 2011 we stopped in for breakfast while on the road. Being a weekday, the clientelle were all local older folks just hanging out - heart warming. Initial service was slow, but as we were the only travelers in the place, understandable. When our watiress arrived and we told her we were in a bit of a hurry our remaining service was fast. The decor was exactly as we remembered it, no changes, which was great! The decor, although unchanged was clean and nice. As a Wisconsinite with a history at Schreiners I wish I could stay on a positive note, but I can't - and I truely find that heartbreaking.

My Denver omlette was a disaster. There were no ingredients in it except for some dried flaked onions. In was brown in appearance, cooked in excessive grease and was clearly cooked in a press of some sort - a perfect half circle, thinner than one of my daughters pancakes. It was virtually inedible, but, being in a hurry, I ate it anyway - which turned out to be a major mistake that I paid for with a heavy mass in my stomach for the next 3 hours or so.

My daughters pancakes were tougher than any pancakes I have ever encountered and her hot chocolate was luke warm at best. She was more interested in the huge mass of (artificial) whipped cream on top.

My wifes' otameal was disappointing. I love old time cooked-for-hours oatmeal, which this was - but it had no flavor and no oats, being almost totally the white thick liquid in oatmeal that's not actually the oatmeal flake. Even with butter and brown sugar there was no flavor whatsoever.

I suppose we will be back again, after all its' Schreiners, but I'm so sorry to have had to write a bad review of a Wisconsin Tradition Since 1938. If this was anywhere else my rating would have been a "Terrible", but I just can't do that to Schreiners. I hope you have better luck should you go there.

• Visited December 2011
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
“The cleanest and best”
Reviewed 9 January 2012

Older people and tourist love this restaurant. They have daily specials, a little gift shop and delicious bakery, soups, etc. that you can take home. Oh and now they even have a bar.

1 Thank Lakefly2000
“Great sandwhiches!”
Reviewed 12 December 2011

Generous sandwhiches. Great flavors and combinations.

Visited December 2011
1 Thank Lomiratraveler
“A Fond du Lac tradition known for great breakfasts, lunches, & now their new English style Pub for great spirits, food & sports.”
Reviewed 6 December 2011

Great food, reasonably priced, and a well trained friendly staff. They have their own in house bakery. Take some home!!! Their newest addition is their English Pub. I enjoy sitting at the bar, having a club sandwich, watching a football game, and having a beer. By the way, I live 125 miles from Schreiners (I do however stay in the area frequently for weeks at a time).

1 Thank tbolland