“Somewhat disappointing for a Cracker Barrel”
Review of Cracker Barrel

Cracker Barrel
Ranked #8 of 40 Restaurants in Germantown
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Reviewed May 7, 2018

The table was not properly wiped down before we were seated. Our server didn't even take note of this and we had to ask for it to be properly wiped down. Our order was incorrect, receiving a less extensive breakfast option but properly stated on the bill. One of the three pancakes was burnt on the underside. We saw our server about three times, at order, when our food arrived and for the bill. Normally we receive excellent service and food quality at Cracker Barrel. This was disappointing.

Reviewed April 9, 2018

Store Location - Germantown, Wisconsin

So, normally I don't write complaints, but the service I received the last time I went there was so absolutely bad, I felt I had to get this off my chest.

Coming into the restaurant 2 hostess members were involved in a private conversation as we walked up to the entryway. They BOTH completely ignored us & continued to argue about what appeared to be their work schedules. We stood there waiting to be seated for at LEAST a couple of minutes while these two young workers continued to talk to themselves. I want to stress that they didn't seem to care we were standing there and didn't acknowledged or even try to greet us in any way. Finally my girlfriend said, "can we be seated". That got at least an acknowledgement we were actually standing there. However, it didn't really amount to much because just then the actual MANAGER of the store happened to walk past & the two young greeters started to talk to him about their work schedules. Once again, my girlfriend asked "can we be seated?" while the manager was there. Nothing. What REALLY annoys me is that the manager ALSO didn't acknowledge us or really intercede to have us seated. He just answered their question & walked away. Unbelievably, after the manager left, one of the greeters started a new conversation with a friend seated at a nearby table. Like I said - UNBELIEVABLE. Finally, we just gave up and started to walk out. Then, on the way out of the restaurant, we overheard one of the two greeters say "what's their problem?". Seriously?

Is this the type of service Cracker Barrel wants to provide? I can only surmise that the customers aren’t really that important to them or they would put more effort into training their wait staff. Luckily, there are always other restaurants in my area ready and willing to accept my money and provide at least the minimal amount of service needed to not make me feel like I’m a bother or irritation to them when I show up.

============================

They should fire that manager. Seriously. Kids are stupid and those two certainly fit that description. But the manager is responsible for how that place is run and he hired those two and then he pretty much indicated he did care at all. That is what aggravated me enough to write this review.

============================

Finally, I took the time to write the company an email describing the above visit. Two weeks.... NOTHING. That pretty much says it all about Cracker Barrel, doesn't it?

Reviewed March 22, 2018 via mobile

I went her with my boyfriend for a late breakfast. I always order breakfast food from Cracker Barrel, and it's always been pretty good. However, this time the food wasn't that good. My eggs were overcooked, and a lot of the tables around us didn't get bussed during our whole visit. On the bright side, the food came out quickly. Overall, it was disappointing.

Reviewed March 19, 2018 via mobile

First off, no hostess at hostess station.Then when she did appear she was not friendly and less than courteous when I asked her about sitting at the fireplace area. I sat for 6 minutes with no one acknowledging me and finally a waitress came over, didn't say hello and asked if I was ready to order. I politely said Hi how are you? And yes I am ready to order, I proceeded politely with my order, told her thank you and she walked away without acknowledging anything that I had said. She didn't ask me if I wanted biscuits or corn muffins. A waiter brought me my lemonade, a different waitress brought me my food and almost dumped it in my lap because she said the plate was hot and my original waitress came back when I was almost finished with my meal. Not really sure my waitress was awake or with the program! All of them seem like they could use a lesson on cheerfulness, politeness and customer service! My food was good, not the quality I have received before it Cracker Barrel. I would say the nicest person was the cashier! Sorry Cracker Barrel, I don't think I'll be hurrying back anytime soon.

Reviewed March 9, 2018 via mobile

I had never eaten at a Cracker Barrel until this year. Hands down best home cooked food I’ve had in a really long time. The food reminds me of something you’d eat when you go to grandmas house. Best comfort food!!!!