“Good option to stay outside of Milwaukee. Excellent Staff!”

Suites at Northshore
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Glendale
Syracuse, New York
“Good option to stay outside of Milwaukee. Excellent Staff!”
Reviewed 26 March 2011

I stayed here back in the blizzard of 11. You would think that this would be the start of a bad story but it's not.

Upon arrival I was greeted by a friendly front desk person. She breezed me through check in and proceeded to go through the typical blurb about breakfast and dinner. What was different and appreciated was that she actually told me about what was being served nightly and her personal favorites. Not a big deal but a nice gesture. Upon arrival in my room I'd say this is one of the better Residence inns I've stayed at. The bed was very comfortable and the suite was updated with flat screen tvs in both the common area and the bedroom. Housekeeping was a non issue here. The room was cleaned daily and plenty of towels left per my request. They cleaned my dishes every day which is not typical of Residence Inns. The food was by far the best I've had at a Residence inn. While I didn't dine there every night the two times I did were excellent. I highly recommend the italian catered night. The breakfast selection was also top notch. They had an excellent selection and it was different every day. Meal time staff were friendly and talkative and were happy to help with a "take out" order.

Kudos to the staff during the blizzard. For some reason they felt the need to shovel me out in case I needed to get out. 20 inches of snow? Yeah I'll stay right here. I was amazed on how they stayed on top of it. When housekeeping couldn't make it in because they city was on lockdown,
The staff called to check in and offered to bring all the fresh items I needed. I politely declined and apparently it wasnt the norm as the manager called afterwards to check again.

All in all I'd definitely recommend this place to anyone looking for a great hotel deal outside of Milwaukee.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank WorldTraverler73

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Reviewed 3 November 2010

Employees that really know how to treat people warmly and nicely.
Infrastructure is OK. Close to major stores and 10 min to Downtown.

Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
Denver
Reviewed 6 May 2010

I've stayed here a few times. The hotel is pretty decent - comfortable bed, updated furnishings, nice neighborhood near a lot of amenities. Wireless access seems to be random. When you check in, be absolutely SURE you request a room as far away from the highway as possible. They are doing construction that is obscenely loud, and it seems to start at 9pm and goes through the night. If I didn't have a good pair of earplugs, I wouldn't haven't gotten any sleep.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank stephr721
Boston
Reviewed 14 February 2010

We stay here each Christmas when we come to visit family. It's certainly not elegant, but it's a good value for families.
Its 2 main attractions are:
1) availability of loft rooms - big room with loft can sleep a family. Kitchen included.
2) Free breakfast (a bit greasy spoon/hi carb, but good value)
There's also a nearby supermarket and coffee shop for additional purchases.
Staff is very friendly.
The only problem we have is that the air circulation in the loft isn't great - so the upstairs gets very warm while the pullout couch area by the door is too cold.
If you need to stay in Milwaukee northeast suburban location, this is a good value.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank RRMbo
Rock Hill, South Carolina
Reviewed 30 September 2009

It was just ok but more expensive than it should have been becasue we were in Milwaulkee

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
Columbus, Indiana
Reviewed 27 July 2009

Sort of a standard Residence Inn. Our room, 1024, a pent-house unit, was dated, but was clean. Nothing special that would make this hotel stand out among other Residence Inns.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with friends
Signal Mountain, Tennessee
Reviewed 16 June 2009

We were able to take advantage of a discount rate which made our room only $80/night, which was very reasonable. The room was spacious, with a fold-out couch and plenty of room for a pack-n-play for our infant. Our room had a terrible cleaner smell, though--so strong that we had to open all of our windows on a chilly night and run the fan to avoid feeling strangled by the odor. The next day, after our room had been cleaned, the terrible smell was back. We determined that it must have been a carpet cleaner because everything of ours that had touched the floor still reeked of the smell several days later. The hot breakfast was pretty good, though the coffee was weak. We were disappointed that the weather was not good enough to enjoy the outdoor pool with our children. Easy location to find, right off the highway, but we didn't hear any traffic at night.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glendale
0.4 km away
5.0 km away
Four Points by Sheraton Milwaukee North Shore
6.0 km away
Courtyard Milwaukee North/Brown Deer

Been to Suites at Northshore? Share your experiences!