“Comfortable, Convenient Place to Stay”

La Quinta Inn Milwaukee Glendale Hampton Ave
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Glendale
Reviewed 18 November 2011

I recently stayed at the La Quinta on Port Washington Rd, north of downtown Milwaukee. (Not to be confused with the La Quinta location down the road with suites.) This is not the first time I have stayed at this hotel, and it remains a comfortable, convenient place to stay when visiting Milwaukee.

Its pros include: a reasonable price, an excellent location with free parking that's also close to the well-run bus system, and rooms that, while not opulent, are comfortable, clean and quiet. It has breakfast included, and the breakfast is basic but good (cereal, waffles, yogurt, hardboiled eggs, juice, etc.) It also has a computer in the lobby for guest use.

The Bayshore Mall is close by, as are several food options. A highlight is that Kopp's Frozen Custard is just down the street (www.kopps.com). This hotel also is convenient to the highway.

If you're looking for a fancy hotel or a luxurious one, this is not the hotel for you. But if you want something well-located and value-minded, I recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank redharvestmpls

Reviewed 9 November 2011

There are 2 properties On Port Road and i meant to book the other one . Thisis a very average older hotel with no amentities such as pool or workout room. Basic Breakfast that had waffles but no other hot dishes . Staff friendly but not muhc of a property to work with .

Rooms ok . however pet freindly hotel and there were quite a few of them .

Room Tip: noisy and thin walls and floors so pick top floor
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 August 2011

Two night stay with family members for sporting competition. Building and grounds a little tired, maybe a fresh coat of paint. Room was large enough, but fraying. Reasonably clean. Air conditioning worked sporatically. Microwave, coffeemaker and small fridge were a nice touch. Bathroom small but clean. Staff [all 2 of them] friendly but abviously overworked. Maintenance man was a little scary, so we were loath to complain about air conditioning. Free breakfast was okay, especially if you need to rush out in the morning. Pool was okay. Can't really complain, but probably not your first choice.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank grannychicago
Reviewed 17 July 2011

While this hotel is in a good location, it truly does leave something to be desired. The morning complementary breakfast is average at best. The check-in/out staff is average as well. Unfortunately, one thing not average is the noise level in the room. I heard showers from the rooms on either side of mine, tons of talking and noise from one of those rooms, as well as all the walking around the people on the floor above me did! The ceiling did squeak quite a bit as another traveler wrote. I can pretty much sleep through most anything, but this hotel is a different story. And for some reason, my room wasn't cleaned between my first and second nights! I really would have hung up my wet towels if I had known I was going to have to use them again! I can't say I have ever experienced my room not being made. Definitely another strike. There is a much newer (I was told) La Quinta about 1-2 miles down the road That is what I will check out next time I am in town.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 February 2011

Can't thank this hotel's staff enough for their smiles and clean room that awaited me after driving through our area's recent blizzard. Tony, Katie and especially Rodney were welcoming and so very helpful. The bed was comfortable, water instantly hot, breakfast was tasty and the room was clean. This hotel is a great value! Will be back!!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Carol1025
Reviewed 4 January 2011

I've stayed at this location before and based on my past experience, stayed again.

They have continued to improve the appearance of the rooms and I give them a big thumbs up for that!

However, a few items greatly affected my stay in a negative way.
1. The ceiling above our room SQUEAKED a lot as people walked around in the room above. Not just a small squeak, but loud and annoying noises. This is a must address for the facility.
2. Noise levels from other rooms and the hall. The walls are thin...there is a large gap below the room's door that lets you hear every word spoken in the hallway. Then, on New Year's Eve, the noise was ridiculous. Various rooms had flipped their door's security latch over so the doors would not close, but would bang against the latch. People went from room to room to room and the doors banged and banged and banged. We could not get to sleep till well after 5am. Additional staff or a security service would be a good addition on holiday's to help control the noise.
3. Staff discussions at the front desk. The front desk is not the place to discuss staff matters or question your staff about the previous day's problems and time sheets. That's what offices and conference rooms are for. It's unprofessional. Nuff said.

It's a nice hotel, don't get me wrong. The staff is friendly, the place is clean and comfortable. The WiFi remains excellent for a mid-range hotel. But, I'll probably look for a different option on my next trip to the Milwaukee area.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Keweenaw906
Reviewed 25 October 2010

I stayed here on a recent Milwaukee trip and was very happy with it! The front desk was friendly, the King-size bed room was wonderful, and it was clean. The room was large, there was a beautifully-made king bed, with some of the softest Egyptian cotton sheets ever, and a large/comfy chair, desk, etc. The room was quiet, and it was well worth the money. I had never stayed with La Quinta, but I am sold on them now. This hotel was so much better than the more expensive hotel that I stayed at the next night (which was terrible). I wish I had stayed both nights at La Quinta. Thank you for a nice stay.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glendale
Sleep Inn & Suites
#22 of 55 in Milwaukee
Downtown
The Plaza Hotel
The Plaza Hotel
#11 of 55 in Milwaukee

Been to La Quinta Inn Milwaukee Glendale Hampton Ave? Share your experiences!