“good vibes”
Review of Aloft Green Bay

Ranked #28 of 42 Hotels in Green Bay
Reviewed 20 June 2017

Stayed here as part of wedding block. The staff was great throughout. They let us check-in really early. Very accommodating.

The grab and go dining was perfect. The lobby bar area was nice and had a great pool table to spend time with family after the wedding. The pool looked really nice, but I forgot my suit. The whole place has a great vibe.

I had a couple of small issue. The biggest was navigating there. It is sort of tucked out of the way but very centrally located in the city. Also, we set up a pack'n'play for my baby to sleep in but the way the room is set up you can't really turn on the the bathroom lights without the light disturbing him too because of the frosted glass in the bathroom. The AC was a little too intense. We only set it to 70 before bed and woke up freezing an hour later.

My grandmother also really thought the hotel was great. She is not easily impressed.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the water on the 3rd or 4th floor
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

Really like the look and vibe from the hotel and everything is maintained. However the walls seem to be paper thin. Someone walks down the hall you hear them, someone in the next room you hear them. This morning the person in the adjoining room used a blow dryer and I thought they were standing next to me in bed. Had Avery similar experience at the Milwaukee location. Wife and I decided we're going to avoid aloft hotels in the future.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
eschaick, General Manager at Aloft Green Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2017

Aloha James S.,

I hope your week is going great! Thank you so much for taking time to tell us about your recent stay with us. I am so very sorry about the noise you experienced during your recent stay with us. We do have a short hallway on our top floor that has non-adjoining rooms and is the quietest area in the hotel should you be willing to give us another try. We would love to offer you a discount to return. Please do not hesitate to call or email me the next time you are in Green Bay. I can also then update your profile to ensure you get the quietest room possible at all Aloft hotels. I do hope I get to meet you sometime soon!

Cheers!

Elizabeth Schaick
Elizabeth.schaick@aloftgreenbay.com
920-593-6006 - direct

Reviewed 15 June 2017

We had an enjoyable stay at Aloft. It does not look like your typical hotel from the moment you enter. There is a lot of seating where people can sit and visit with other members of their party - we there for a wedding and this was a great gathering place. The room was very comfortable, a little different set up from most hotel/motel chains but overall comfortable. We opted for no maid service but were able to get extra coffee for our second morning without a problem. If we had needed anything else - extra towels or anything we could have requested. We had free wi fi, plenty of tv channels to choose from. It is also quite near Lambeau Field in case someone should want to go there (during football season). Other than the road construction which made getting around horrible, the location was great.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 June 2017

I really can't say enough good things about this hotel. They rescued us from a terrible situation! We had booked a night (with our small dog) at a cheaper hotel nearby and when we arrived the smell of urine was so strong we could not stay. So I started calling around and this hotel was the first on my list to call. When I told them we had a pet, the booking agent was so wonderful! He told me that he doesn't go anywhere without his pet and they would gladly find us a room at Aloft. When we arrived they had a treat bag ready for our dog! We felt so welcomed! And the bonus...the hotel smelled amazing! We will be finding other Aloft hotels and staying there in the future! Thanks for making our pup feel so welcome!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Terri B
Reviewed 9 June 2017

My friend and I extended our stay in Green Bay but the hotel we were staying at was fully booked the extra day we wanted to stay. So we called the Aloft hotel next door and we were glad that they had rooms available so we didn't have to go far.

Entering the lobby, I was reminded of the the distinctive Aloft "aroma" that I have experienced only in Aloft hotels that I've stayed at in other cities (white tea maybe?). The look of Aloft is what I would call contemporary and eclectic at the same time. At the front desk itself looked like a kiosk or a modern information center that you would find in some bigger malls. On the left-hand side was a food/convenience kiosk called Re:Fuel which served sandwiches, snacks, and other convenience items. To the right-hand side there was a bar/lounge area where guests can get a drink and watch sports on the big screen TV overhead. There is even a pool table for those wishing to indulge in that.

Our room was located on the 2nd floor. It was decorated in the contemporary style Aloft is known for. The two queen beds were very comfortable. There is a feeling of a one-bedroom versus a studio hotel room because the room was divided by the beds' headboard/headwall. On one side were the beds, the TV, and working desk and on the other was the bathroom, closet, coffee maker, etc.

There is a also an indoor pool in the hotel, which we did not use, as well as a patio area. All in all the hotel is a very good one to stay at if you want to stay in the heart of Green Bay and want a contemporary, comfortable, and great value hotel!

Stayed: June 2017
1  Thank TravelGal9876
Reviewed 3 June 2017

We have stayed at this Aloft before. The beds are comfortable and I prefer the option of not having daily housekeeping visits that is offered.
That being said, we arrived 45 minutes before official 3 pm check in time for a 3 night stay. The lobby was empty except for the one young woman at the libby kiosk. I was very courteous in acknowledging that we were a bit early, but was it possible to check in? The reply was " No, sorry "
I don't recall that EVER hapoening to me before, at any chain. At the very least ask our names and put on the pretense of checking if there might be a room ready! Maybe check if we are SPG members?
I left feeling that I was expecting too much.....customer service.

Room Tip: Nice river views on east facing rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
eschaick, General Manager at Aloft Green Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2017

Aloha Pickycarol,

I hope you had a wonderful weekend! Thank you for being our guest and for taking time to tell us about your recent experience with us. I am so very sorry that the front desk did not explain further regarding check in. At the time of your arrival the hotel appeared quiet but we did not actually have any clean rooms due a group of guests checking in earlier taking the clean rooms we had available. We also were sold out the night before limiting our early check in availability. Thank you for your feedback as I will work with my team in ensuring they always just double check for our guests and with our refresh team. We always want to relay information to our guests in a friendly and accommodating manner so I am very sorry we fell short with this. If you are in town again please email or call me and we will be sure we have a room ready for early arrival with a welcome gift. Thank you for being our guest!

Cheers!

Elizabeth Schaick
elizabeth.schaick@aloftgreenbay.com
920-593-6006 direct

Reviewed 27 May 2017 via mobile

My family stayed here recently for a wedding at Heritage Hill. You cannot get any closer, and it was an excellent location.

There is no bathroom door. Just a large wood panel that slides to cover the opening. There's no lock on the "door" and it was a nightmare with small kids.

The walls are so thin, you can hear people running down the hall, it's very noisy and my kids were afraid someone was trying to break in while they were trying to sleep.

Be prepared to be awake as soon as the sun rises, because the shades do not block the light. The beds are comfortable. The pool & hot tub were nice, and the common area near the bar was cool.

The staff was friendly & accommodating with our large group. We used a conference room for hair & makeup prior to the wedding and it worked perfectly.

It's unlikely we will stay here again with small kids (4 & 7), it's just not practical.

Stayed: April 2017