“What a surprise!”

Captain's Walk Winery
Ranked #14 of 76 things to do in Green Bay
More attraction details
Owner description: A venue for vinifera, the Captain's Walk Winery offers premium grape wine tasting in a light-hearted manner. Partake in a laid back experience that usurps the snobbery out of wine while enjoying a unique tasting education. This pre-civil war house has been updated carefully to recapture 150 years of character. Plaster crown molding, the original fireplace and hardwood floors complement openings that offer viewing of the production room and cellars.
Reviewed September 8, 2015

What a unique place. Great wine tasting. Several flavors to taste and purchase. Also serve food. The business is located in a huge Victorian style house. Absolutely beautiful inside. A must see.

All reviews
"facility"
"pack"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed August 17, 2015

First off? I don't know ANYTHING about wine. Quite honestly, the last thing I thought I would be doing on a Saturday afternoon was tasting wine. When it came down to it though? Nobody made me feel dumb. The guy who served us had a good sense of humor. He talked wine with the girls and joked around with us. We bought a bottle of the stuff I liked the best and drank it in their lounge area. We all had a great time. I would do this again any time. It would be perfect for a date night.

Reviewed August 11, 2015

We were in Green Bay recently for Family Day, and looking for something interesting to do. Captain's Walk Winery was a great choice. They offer wine tastings that don't disappoint, have a nice little bistro for food offerings, and you can buy a bottle or two and drink it right there.

I particuarly recommend their ciders. Both we tasted were excellent; the only off premise option for the ciders is by growler so bring one or be prepared to buy one at Captain's Walk. We enjoyed Joe, our host for the wine tasking. Despite being really busy, he managed to take care of us very well.

We'll be back. Nice place to spend some time while in Green Bay.

Reviewed August 3, 2015

My husband and I stopped in after seeing this online. We ordered the carafe of Sangria and got free chips and salsa. I have to say, the sangria was tasty and the salsa was amazing! They have a wine tasting area inside and some little gifts you can purchase. If you have some time after you visit the farmers market, I suggest you stop in for a little relaxation.