“Terrible place”

and 1 more site!
Dartford Inn
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Green Lake
Reviewed 14 August 2016 via mobile

We booked 4 rooms at Dartford inn they took or down payment to hold the four rooms. We had booked these rooms for 1 reason we had dogs.We arrived on Aug 12 looked at the property and the pool the place was disgusting.The owner came out and said our rooms were not ready and actually the motel could not give us rooms because they were not open,they could give us some rooms for free but when we leave we could give him a tip
No cable pool disgusting and owner very very rude. Talked to other motels and I was told they are trying to condemn the place and close them down do not send any money to them it is a ripoff

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family

Reviewed 4 October 2015 via mobile

No this is not a romantic getaway kind of place but if you want a comfortable place to sleep this is a good place to go.
My husband and I stayed two nights, the bed was very comfortable and the place was very quiet.
A little outdated but I could over look that because it was a great price for a Green Lake hotel.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 July 2015

I stayed at the Dartford in 1985 when I came up to visit Ripon College, and I stayed there again last week for a reunion. As someone else said, perhaps not the place for a romantic getaway. However, it is clean, convenient and reasonably priced. I could see this being a great spot for folks who come up to fish or otherwise enjoy the area around Green Lake and plan on spending most of their time away from the motel. If you want full service and full amenities (at full price) there are palces in Green Lake that will accommodate you. If you need a clean, comfortable room, I'd check out the Dartford.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 June 2015

It was an older motel, not expecting much, but we had great service and were really impressed by the hands on handling of everything. They gave our boys a limo ride to their baseball game, they thought that was great. Anything you asked, they had an answer. Kids want to go to this tournament again, just to stay at this motel.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank rosivapirt
Reviewed 3 February 2015

Was up in Green lake for a quick visit in the winter. This is one of the few places that happened to be open. The owner, Larry, was very accommodating and friendly. Our room had a kitchenette which had a fridge and a table and (I think) some cooking equipment, but we did not use that. The location is close to town and the price was right! The owner was able to be flexible with our check out time because it was winter and the place was not booked up. They have two (older, but nice) limos and I think they use them to shuttle folks to town (probably during more peak seasons?) but it's worth inquiring about.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 July 2014

The Dartford Inn is undergoing some new owners and they are trying hard to improve the place. It was clean and yes, the rooms need some updates but not paying exorbitant rates. Went for the airshow and a good location to get to and from each day. Nice town and like to stay there. Will definitely give it another try next year to see if improvements have been made. Pool area and it was okay. Have refrigerator, microwave and coffee pot and free coffee.

Room Tip: Rooms are the top area are the best to stay in if want a little more room.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Barbara R
Reviewed 22 July 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Inn for 7 nights. Larry was very helpful in answering our questions and making sure to accommodate our needs. My biggest praise is that we took our Sheltie with us, and while my wife and I were out of the during room cleaning time, the ladies (and Larry) made sure that when it came time to clean the room and change the sheets, they waited for us to take Reilly out of the room so as not to have any issues with. They waited for us to leave. They weren't pushy or tried to rush us out when they came around. The one time while my wife and I were gone from the room all morning, Larry took Reilly on a walk so as the ladies could make up the room.
It wasn't a fancy place, but the rooms and pool were clean, the staff were friendly, and we had a relaxing time. So if you have a pet in tow, this is the place to go.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple