Lowest prices for your stay
Travelocity
Wyndham
US$110
View deal
eDreams
ZenHotels.comUS$117
All reviews in town hot tub room was clean my sister the breakfast area snap fitness hot breakfast excellent stay wedding motel grocery
Selected filters
Reviewed November 6, 2019

I have stayed at this particular motel a few times in the past and have always had a positive experience. This time, not so much. Things have definitely changed, and not for the better. I don't know if it's due to Wyndham taking over, but WOW. Warning to those who have fragrance sensitivities! I had to keep my window open 24/7 for 3 days, and temps reached around 40 degrees (mid to late October). Housekeeping sprays down the whole room, BEDDING, carpet, drapes etc with some type of chemical "freshener" using a huge spray bottle (green liquid). In fact, one of the housekeepers told me that her coworkers really "go to town" when spraying. The front desk manager told me she is forced to comply with franchisee's order to use this spray. She also told me that "she likes it, and it's not for everyone". She was very rude to me. When I mentioned that the overuse of chemical spray triggers asthma and migraine, she just shrugged her shoulders. The big old scented candle she was burning affected the "breakfast area" as well. Yes, I know her name but won't cite it in this public forum. I had an asthma attack, directly caused by the use of chemicals. It took me three weeks to recover from the sinus infection. I understand not everyone suffers these sensitivities, but I have never experienced this level of spray in any hotel, and I am an avid traveler. Lest you think that I just want to nag, let me assure you that I make every effort to remain patient, civil and levelheaded when dealing with problems. Next time I venture to Hartford to visit family, I'll stay elsewhere. To me, the attitude at the front desk was abhorrent.

2  Thank 545iannb
Reviewed November 6, 2019 via mobile

I was in town to visit my son. I’ve stayed here whenever I’m in town. I’ve never had any problems with this hotel. For a smaller city, it’s a nice hotel, clean, and convenient for me. They have a nice complimentary breakfast, however I didn’t use it, it looked very nice. I don’t use the pool or hot tub, so I can’t speak about that like others have. Nice enough for a quick weekend visit.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed November 2, 2019

My husband and I have stayed here many times in the passed years and many of our friends too. But, this time my sister and I stayed for two nights and we were very disappointed. I need something from the desk clerk and rang the bell, waited 10 minutes and she never came to the desk. The next morning she was very rude. At 3:00 that day I asked if we could get out room clean, she said they were behind. When they did clean our room all they did was throw the bedspread over our messed up bed. The smoking area was disgusting, garbage and cigarette butts all over the place. On top of that the hot tub was out of order and the pool was very cold. Will not be going back there again!!!

Reviewed October 30, 2019

The hotel itself is very clean and staff was friendly. Was only there for one night. Was not crazy about the complimentary breakfast. I would definitely recommend staying at this hotel. I have nothing bad to say about the rooms or the service that I received.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed October 23, 2019

Comfortable beds, very clean, helpful staff, free coffee and tea all day. Free hot breakfast sausage and scrambled eggs, waffles, breads, juice. In the area lots of restaurants within a mile to check out. Also a George Webb's right next to hotel.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends