“Great location and staff”

River Deck Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 88 Restaurants in Hayward
Price range: US$7 - US$30
Good for: View
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Open seasonally May through October. Check website for schedule.
Reviewed September 30, 2018

I only had a drink here, as the menu is really small and I didn't like anything on it. It's also too expensive for the area. You can't beat the view, though. I sat out on the deck for a drink and really enjoyed my time. The server was very attentive and knowledgeable about the area. Even thought it was late, she didn't rush me. Good spot for a cocktail or two with a date or friends or a book!

Reviewed August 31, 2018

all our food was very good. I had a mussels special that was very good, friend had the grilled steak salad and thought it was excellent. sitting inside could be a little noisy if it's full. there is some nice outdoor seating and a bar area. service staff is very nice and friendly.

Reviewed August 27, 2018

I love this place. The best deal is the Walleye sandwich. The bread is wonderful and you get a slaw or wild rice salad with it. It is the best Walleye sandwich in the area. It is a cut above most places in the Hayward area.

Reviewed August 16, 2018 via mobile

We ordered the walleye sandwich and the yellow fin tuna nachos. My husband said more than once that this was the best walleye sandwich he’d ever had—and he has eaten a lot of walleye in his life. The yellow fin tuna on the nachos was excellent and the sauce highlighted it perfectly. The atmosphere was very warm and inviting. The owners definitely have a green thumb. All of the foliage on the deck was gorgeous.

Reviewed August 11, 2018 via mobile

Had another fantastic meal at this restaurant. The scallops are fantastic. My wife was extremely happy with her salad. Our guests were very pleased with what they had too. Kilyn is the best waitress in Hayward.