“Good Soup & Fig Salad, Nice Location”

The Nova Restaurant & Wine Bar
Ranked #19 of 99 Restaurants in Hudson
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 13 January 2017

We recently went here for a mid-week lunch. We were greeted and immediately seated by the pleasant server (Jessica) who helped us through the menu selections and beer options. We enjoyed the fig salad and delicious creamy soup of the day. I really enjoyed the tap- Zombie Dust.. now a favorite. Lunch hour is generally pretty quiet, so easy parking and good service are readily available. Just a few blocks off I-94 with easy off/on access.

Management response:Responded 16 January 2017

John thanks for stopping by to see us for lunch. Jessica is one of our great staff members and we are glad you got to enjoy some Zombie Dust and were pleased with the soup and fig salad. Thanks again for stopping by and we hope to see you again soon.

Tyrrell

Reviewed 7 January 2017

My wife and I have been dining in Hudson for many years and finally decided to try out The Nova. We are glad we did.

Atmosphere: The decor was eclectic, but it definitely worked and was very cozy. A little cramped, but it did not really detract from our dining experience. Got a table for 2 in the middle of the room, but would have loved to sit at the high-backed chairs next to the walls. Those looked really fun for an extended dinner. There was a live guitarist that was pretty good. She played cover music from the 90's that was pretty cool. Overall one of the better settings in Hudson. Becky on the wait staff was very friendly and personable.

Drinks: There is a rotating tap beer list that offered many different styles. I love to try new beers and tend to like dark beer. I was not disappointed in the list. Some really unique choices that I enjoyed. The wine list was extensive and good. For wine and beer there isn't a better option in Hudson.

Food. For apps we ordered the olives. Olives were very good and we got a lot! We then split the Panko breaded pan fried walleye which was unbelievably good. The wild rice side was very bland, just the rice. Finished up with carrot cake which was excellent.

All in all, one of the better places to eat in Hudson for couples or a small group of friends.

1  Thank Brandon B
Management response:Responded 9 January 2017

Brandon thanks for stopping in to check us out with your wife this last weekend. We are very happy you enjoyed everything and we will keep those dark beers on tap and rotating for you. Cheers and we hope to see you again soon.

Tyrrell

Reviewed 8 November 2016 via mobile

The Decor is so unusual and the food is fantastic. We go here as often as possible. Love it! I had the pasta which they change every week. It is always amazing. Don't hesitate to go. All the food is so creative.

Reviewed 5 November 2016 via mobile

Nice atmosphere. Chairs are beautiful. I love the lamps. The bear on the couch is weird, comforting and a bit gross. I like it all. Hope I get to sit in a big chair. Live music is nice.
We didn't eat so can't rate the food. Smells good.

Reviewed 9 August 2016

The decor of this place is very unique. We opted to eat inside to avoid the bugs, but the outdoor seating looked very quaint. We had a two top table inside with two large "royal" high back chairs. I found the menu small and enticing. We opted for the cheese plate for an appetizer. I absolutely loved the choices... the blue cheese, the goat cheese with cranberries etc were so delicious that we agreed we needed to share an entree because we had nearly filled up. For our entree, we tried the aji chicken with potatoes and broccoli (I really liked the round stalk parts). Everything was delicious.

Reason for my 4 star? Our first waitress wasn't very good. I had to ask for the special and later asked for her to tell me what cheese were included on the app. She just said "I don't know. It's always different." She never even asked someone who did know. We were given a different waitress shortly after that due to shift change... and she was AWESOME. She even knew WHERE we could go buy the goat cheese. The second reason for the four star was that I believe the restaurant should invest in some new dishware. The dated pink plates are definitely an eyesore and are very dated.