“Great wine bar, good food, wonderful patio”

The Nova Restaurant & Wine Bar
Ranked #19 of 98 Restaurants in Hudson
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 14 August 2017

What a nice relaxing and fun place to dine and wine.

My wife and I ate here for the first time this past Saturday and would definitely return.

We sat outside on the wonderful patio. The patio was relaxing and not cramped, and on Friday and Saturday, they have live music outside. On this night, there was a guitar player who played a nice variety of music.

The inside seating had white table cloths and looked to be very cute and quaint with Tiffany lamps, nice large, decorative rugs on the floor and a warm décor with some antique pieces, old snow shows and skis on the ceiling.

They do have a great wine list by the bottle as well as a number of wines you can get ($12) in a wine flight – choose three - 2.5 ounce pours.
We shared one wine flight to decide on what bottle we would then have with our meal.
They have a lot of reasonably priced wines, but also have some higher end options if you wish to celebrate in that fashion.
They also have some tropical drinks and a large option of whiskeys by the glass.

We started with the Gyro Sliders appetizer ($10). The lamb/beef combination was served on naan and was very tasty – nice with a Shiraz or Zin.

My wife had the tri-tip medallions ($24) which were 3 large, tender tri tips served with BBQ sauce on the side. The portion was large and seemed to be flavored with Rosemary.

I had the breast of lamb ($21) – a nice portion of the breast cooked just right – just enough of the fat to make it very tasty.

We shared a chocolate dessert and glass of ruby port to finish the night.

Service was a tad slow on a busy Saturday night, but the server was very gracious and up front about his tardiness on a busy night. Gave us more time to sip our wine and listen to the nice music.

There are lots of options on the menu that we would like to try. So, will definitely be back again.

No reservations.

There are newer reviews for The Nova Restaurant & Wine Bar

Reviewed 10 July 2017

The Nova is one of our top picks for date night but is also great for a group gathering. The décor of this small-ish space is cozy and eclectic. The restaurant is set into the bluffs with a nice outdoor seating area tucked in. It's off the main drag but close to "downtown" Hudson. Be sure to check out the attached liquor store for great selections as well as the schedule for "cave" events (very interesting history). The food NEVER disappoints - the fig salad is a must! And they have live acoustic music on the weekends which I love (don't worry, you can still carry on a conversation). Whether you're looking for a casual meal or a special evening The Nova is a great destination.

1  Thank YoungerTwin
Reviewed 5 July 2017

When we went here for lunch after the lunch rush, the restaurant was pretty much empty. Even so, service was slow, Service to come to the table initially as well as service of the food and getting the check. Most of the time our server was not in sight, and it's not a large restaurant.

Service of our wine was ok and the wine was good. The food was served very close to room temperature and it should have been warm or hot.

We haven't been back since. We may try The Nova again.

Reviewed 22 June 2017

This is a small "boutique " restaurant in Hudson, Wisconsin. It has a small outside dining area. Inside the seating is intimate and unusual. However, more important is the high quality food. My entree was fantastic. The wine list was small but adequate. I don't drink beer, but the list of craft beers looked great. I can't wait to return!

Reviewed 23 April 2017

My friends and I wanted to go to a wine bar in Hudson on a Friday night and this was the first place that popped up so we decided to try it. This place was so cute and quaint! The ambiance was warm, friendly and relaxing. The live music was perfect for the location. We each got a wine flight, which we all enjoyed, and food (Banana Leaf Tamales, Gyro Sliders and Lemon Tart). I highly recommend the tamales; the adobo sauce was amazing! Becky our waitress was awesome as well-super friendly and helpful! This was such a unique place and I hope to be back again someday!