“"They Need To Turn On The Lighting Over The Brunch"”

Charcoal Grill and Rotisserie
Ranked #146 of 270 Restaurants in Kenosha
Reviewed January 12, 2018

I dined here on Sunday for their Sunday Brunch. It took quite some time for my server to come to my table. My server did not tell me her name. I would open the chafing dishes and it was so dark you couldn't tell what was in the dish. Saturdays Special is Rotisserie Chicken and Pulled Pork. I think the Chicken and Pork are left over for this Brunch. There was only one Pizza made(there was not an Breakfast Pizza) The French Toast and syrup bar was messy. I heard anther customer tell someone in her party that they make omelets also in the kitchen. I have not seen my server in a while so I ask the Manager for an Omelet. They have Biscuit and Gravy, hash browns, Cheesy potatoes, bacon, sausage and ham, Eggs Benedict, a pasta dish (it is too dark for me to see what is in the pasta), Belgium Waffles (which are pre-made and dried out in a steam chafing dish, french toast, cream cheese (but no bagels) and bread with a toaster for toast. No Breakfast Pastries. I do not believe the Brunch is worth the price.

Date of visit: January 2018

Reviewed December 31, 2017

My son says they have a very good selection for the kids menu. We have enjoyed steak, burgers, ribs, chicken, pizza and more. They cook over a fire, adding flavor to the dishes.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed December 15, 2017 via mobile

Last night my family of 7 went to the Kenosha location for trivia night per my daughter's request. She and my son in law are moving to California within the next few days and this was to be our last dinner as a family for probably many years. To start off we were seated quickly and the waitress friendly enough and took our drink orders. I explained my husband would be arriving shortly and that I and my teenagers would be ordering with him while my adult children were going to order right away as they were on separate tickets and I wasn't sure if we were going to order dinner or appetizers. My adult son ordered the game day wings special and was told it was for game days only. My son in law pointed out it was a football game night and the waitress immediately got an attitude and said it meant Sunday's. Both my son and son in law were taken aback and continued to say that the advertisement didn't mention that specific exclusion. She left to contact the manager and came back and said my son could get the special but had to tell her who was playing!! My son and everyone at the table were baffled! She then said she was joking and took my son's order. We are not without a sense of humor so we laughed along and enjoyed the joke. However, it went downhill from there! My husband arrived 20 minutes from the initial order and my children had not received their appetizers yet. The waitress was no where to be found yet there were plenty of other servers coming and going. We were pretty much ignored and there were maybe a total of a dozen tables occupied in the entire restaurant, including those of us playing trivia and those in the bar area! My husband sat down and finally the waitress shows up with my kids orders. She takes my husband's drink order and we start playing trivia. She comes back and takes our food order and we choose burgers and apps for the teens. Ten minutes later my husband said she never brought him his drink. Again, she's no where. Finally she brings us our order and I mention she forgot my husband's drink. She's surprised and said "I didn't?!" Nope sure didn't. She leaves and we realize she switched our burgers and we had to switch our plates around. My daughter asked for bread to go with her soup and was told they didn't have any at the time said it would be ready shortly. She came back a few minutes later and said they wouldn't have any bread period and couldn't articulate exactly why. We definitely enjoyed the trivia and we were busy with that, but we could not get our waitress to refill our drinks to save our lives! We had been looking over the delicious selection of deserts and decided we didn't want to wait forever to have them delivered. That changed when my name was drawn for the trivia prize and I won my choice of desert. That was nice no doubt. So we waited again. My daughter went up and asked the trivia guy how to redeem my prize. He said to mention it to our waitress. Ugh! She finally came to take away our plates and tried to rush away! I blurted out "I would like my cake please!" As she was walking away. She clearly was offended by my curt request and showed it. She took my choice and my husband also asked to add a desert option since I won one. She comes back some time later and brings our dessert. My adult children are getting very uncomfortable and talked about getting their bill and leaving. At this point trivia and our last family dinner is no longer enjoyable in the least! The waitress returns with our bills and dumps a handful of forks on our table and says " sorry I couldn't find any spoons for your dessert but you can use these!" She tried to run off again and my daughter decided to request a dessert also since we were kinda stuck waiting for her. The waitress looked contemptuously at her and told her she would have to wait and walked away in a huge huff! My daughter looked completely perplexed as my jaw hit the floor! OH NO SHE DIDNT! I said! My teenagers are floored by now. Immediately we start pulling our money together to leave. I can't find our waitress or see any manager! My family just wants to leave. We get ready to go out the door when my son then realized he was charged for a drink he didn't order or receive. At this point I am beyond furious. I had to flag down another waitress to get the manager. The manager came and I spoke very calmly and told her how unacceptable our service was! She offered me a dessert to take home while she tried to figure things out! I simply told her we already had dessert and I just wanted my son's drink refunded! I waited another 10 minutes and finally the manager came back and told me she didn't know how to get back into the system to refund the drink order! I said that it was just a cash transaction and didn't involve a credit card. She again explained that she is new to management and couldn't refund the drink order, but that I could call the general manager in the morning. I told her no, that she was going to have the manager himself call me! Still waiting to hear from him! We will never go back! Forget the money wasted! I can't get this time back with my daughter!!

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed March 26, 2017

Stumbled on this place while visiting from out of town and looking for somewhere to eat that was fairly close to my motel. Ordered the Saturday special of half rack of ribs and half chicken. Ribs were wonderful. Should have asked if I could just get a quarter chicken because I only ate part of it. Service was great. Place was clean. Only negative was the strawberry margarita: The waitress said it was frozen and I told her that was fine. However, there was only a tinge of pink and very faint strawberry taste. It was more like a tequila slushee. Don't think I've never left a drink of any kind until I left almost all of that one.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed February 14, 2017

I wanted to take my wife and young daughters out for Valentine's dinner. We called and made reservations for 6:15 and arrived to find immediate seating. Since we already knew our plan, my wife ordered a glass of wine, my kids ordered smoothies and I had a Coke. We also immediately ordered appetizers. Within 5 minutes the Coke came. Another few minutes past and we again asked for the drinks. The waitress said the bartender had some issues,so we changed the wine to Sprite, asked for water for the girls and still awaited our Smoothies. At about 6:45 (30 minutes of no water/drinks/waitress), our appetizers arrived (with no plates) and still no drinks. We again asked but never got them. By 6:50, I left my seat, looking for the waitress. I did not find her, the bartender seemed busy-or avoided me. At 6:55, I called the restaurant asking for the manager. He came to the table and said he would "take care" of us. Within 5 minutes, the manager brought the girls Smoothies and water. Another waitress brought along my wife's Sprite. The manager said our waitress suffered some "panic attack" and he would get our food. A few minutes later the manager returned with food, but it was not our order. He was upset by this time and I could see him return to the kitchen and by this time we determined our food was still not ready. About 7:15 (a full hour since we sat down and ordered) the manager came to our table saying the waitress forgot to put in our order. I told him I would pay for the appetizers and we would leave. I explained my family was hungry and the service was poor at best. He said "just go..." so we then left. Our waitress seemed new but there was no one to help. As we left, my wife mentioned that another nearby table was also complaining about the service. The restaurant was NOT crowded...maybe 60% full. This was a disappointment. I had bought a neighbor a Gift certificate for Charcoal Grill for Christmas...I will never do that again. I have been to Charcoal Grill in the past and been satisfied, but over my last couple visits, the place has gone downhill. What should have been a nice dinner turned me pretty sour to this place. So much for a Sweet Valentine's dinner!

Date of visit: February 2017