“Such a gem!”
Review of Old Glory Cafe

Old Glory Cafe
Ranked #4 of 22 Restaurants in Kimberly
Reviewed February 11, 2018 via mobile

We were in town for a birthday party and were looking for a local place for breakfast. I really loved this place! The food was great, the staff was friendly and decor was welcoming. Yum!

Date of visit: February 2018

Reviewed February 2, 2018 via mobile

Heading to our usual cafe we decided to stop at Old Glory Cafe and give breakfast a try. This was the first time we have stopped here in the 6 years we have lived here. I don’t know why. We have missed out on a great atmosphere and great breakfasts from this local gem. I enjoyed the omelet of the day which was a Popeyes omelet filled with fresh mushrooms and fresh spinach. The American fries were sliced red potatoes done to perfection. The waitress was very attentive and pleasant. You can tell that this place is committed to our vets by the decor and the name. A lovely place to enjoy.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed July 11, 2017

We came here on a day when our go-to restaurant for breakfast had a power outage. This is a family restaurant that is decorated in a theme - flags and military memorabilia. There are booths, tables and a counter with stools. We have been here a few years ago but it has changed owners a few times and this is the first visit since it has been 'Old Glory'.
Those eating there that morning appeared to be locals - some tables with a gathering of people. The service was friendly - the atmosphere welcoming. Prices are fair and portions are large - a good value. Food is good, but average.
We would eat here again. It is as good as or if not better than other local family restaurants.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed May 14, 2017 via mobile

If I could give this place 0 stars, I would. We came on a very busy Mother's Day so it was understandable that it was busy. However, we waited 1 hour and 20 minutes for food that came out lukewarm and incorrect. With having 5 children among us, this was not ok. We waited 45 minutes for an orange juice that we had to remind them to get. Drinks sat empty for close to an hour and we had to flag someone down to get them. All of this would have been ok if there was any sort of communication. The owner was taking care of us and is one of the most unpersonable people I have ever met. He took our order and we did not see him again until our food was sporadically delivered. We come here so often for breakfast because the food is wonderful, but there are plenty of other diners in the area with good food, better service and MUCH faster delivery times. In other words, if you are not prepared to have an almost 2 hour breakfast experience that basically turned in to lunch due to the wait times... go elsewhere.

Update: when we inquired with the owner about any kind of compensation for our wait, he shrugged and said "it's Mother's Day." When we made a comment about the poor customer service he said "then don't tip" and walked away.

Date of visit: May 2017
1  Thank heatherbX6505HF
Reviewed May 10, 2017

I was so glad I read the reviews looking for a new place to try. I was very impressed with this restaurant. Its a beautiful looking place in Kimberly, a bit off the main drag, well it used to be the main drag before the highways were built, but what a nice place. Very comfortable inside and very appealing. You either have tables or very nice booths to sit in. The service was very good and the food is Excellent...many choices on the menu which was very good too.. I definitely will be back.

Date of visit: May 2017