“Good food at a Fair Price”

Buzzard Billy's Flying Carp Cafe
Ranked #5 of 206 Restaurants in La Crosse
Price range: US$7 - US$15
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed June 21, 2017 via mobile

We had a party of nine and were seated quickly. We all agreed that the food was good and we were happy with our choices. The decor is typical of many casual service restaurants but it was still nice

Reviewed June 20, 2017 via mobile

Late lunch with the grandkids. Wonderful mozzarella stick appetizer. Great sampler plate for s.o., beer cheese soup and blackened chicken salad for me. Nice, garden greens not iceberg. Antique decor is interesting. Service was good.

Reviewed June 20, 2017

Came in here midweek, on our way up to MN to catch a flight. It was quite busy at lunchtime, seemed very popular with the locals - which was a good sign.

Really loved the blackened catfish! Great selection of beers as well, including several choices from the local breweries.

Reviewed June 18, 2017

Although their web site said they had authentic New Orleans Cajun food, I was skeptical since I'm from that part of the world, and most northerners don't know what a good roux is, but I was wrong. Their gumbo was excellent, and I'd highly recommend it.

1  Thank JJCjr
Reviewed June 18, 2017 via mobile

Good atmosphere, good selection of beer and the food is awesome! LOVE the armadillo eggs, actually started making them at home when I entertain. Warning, the really good dishes are heavy, plan on a walk after.