“No elevator..small queen..overall clean and worth money”
Review of Super 8 La Crosse

Super 8 La Crosse
Ranked #14 of 20 Hotels in La Crosse
Reviewed 31 March 2012

I stayed at the Super 8 and I have stayed at several hotels in this area at the same price point..The Super 8 is supet clean. The pool area is large and hot tub is larger than most. The two negative things are the bed size and no elevator. The queen size bed is really small more like a full and they dont have an elevator. If you have a cooler and luggage it is difficult to get up the stairs. This hotel is much nicer than the Econo Inn and newer than the Settle Inn. Pool is much bigger and nicer than the Comfort Inn. Overall I would stay here again.. Best bets in the area in the same price point..Here or Settle Inn.Avoid Econ Inn. Old and musty.

• Stayed: March 2012
There are newer reviews for Super 8 La Crosse

Reviewed 21 October 2011

Let's be honest: Super 8s can be hit or miss. They're usually "budget" motels, which means cheap on amenities, comfort, cleanliness, and friendliness.

This Super 8 didn't come off as very "budget" at all. The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable, which made finding a good meal a little easier after a long day on the road.

The room was clean and quiet, remarkably quiet for being sold out. We had a comfortable night's rest here, but I think we were most thrilled with the location! It was right off the highway, but far enough away that we didn't even know the highway was there.

The one complaint I'd have is the price. We paid near $100 after taxes, which again, isn't very budget at all. I think the area and the lack of more hotels makes it acceptable for the Super 8 to charge $100 for one night, but if you're on a budget, I'd find another place to bed for the night!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
EMielkeGM, General Manager at Super 8 La Crosse, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2011

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property online. We are thrilled that you found our Super 8 to be enjoyable for your stay. Please know that we make every effort to keep our rates competitive in our market. While other Super 8s in other areas may have lower rates available, we aim to keep our rates comparable to the hotels nearby, while still giving our guests an excellent stay in an updated, comfortable, clean room, with great customer service and extra amenities. We hope to see you again if you are ever in the La Crosse area.

Reviewed 26 September 2011

This is, by far, the best Super 8 I've stayed in. It was very clean and nice. The rooms had updated furnishings, comfy beds/pillows and the sink was outside the bathroom, which I prefer. The room was small but adequate for our our one-night stay. The photos provided by the hotel display the rooms and property accurately. Would not hesitate to recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
EMielkeGM, General Manager at Super 8 La Crosse, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2011

Thank you for your review! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and will recommend us to your friends and family. We hope to see you again if you are ever back in the La Crosse area.

Reviewed 21 September 2011

I ATTEMPTED to check into this motel on 9/16/2011, they required a credit card to check in, I gave them my credit card and stated"I don't think there is much money available on this card, I wanted to pay cash." I was told that they had to attempt to charge the full payment on card for me to check in. IT was declined as I had stated it would be...I was then denied the ability to stay at this hotel. I left no problem.BUT today 9/21/11 I received a letter from this hotel manager stating I owed the hotel money $83.72 to be exact and that they REPEATEDLY tried to authorize my card and it was declined......WHAT the heck is this about....I called general manager- EMILEE MIELKE and she was very flipant about the error this hotel made. "I will check it out" I requested a letter stating that I DO NOT OWE ANY MONEY TO THIS HOTEL and was told"Well if it checks out I will"....rude was not even a word to use for her reaction to the error....why would a hotel keep my information on file when I was not allowed to stay at the hotel, nor should they have been able to try "to authorize a payment" several times when NO service was recieved. I am very concerned and disappointed to have received this treatment when I did nothing...no appology for their error nothing. She just hung up. I have stayed at this hotel in the past and had no problems the place was just fine and of course would have stayed there again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
EMielkeGM, Manager at Super 8 La Crosse, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2011

Thank you for taking the time to review our property online and let us know where our system needs attention. As I mentioned in my email to you earlier today, it was due to technical down-time on our credit card processor's side, that allowed your reservation to check into our system even though you did not check in. This made it appear that you were a guest on that evening who owed the hotel for the stay. I assure you that this is not a common issue at our hotel and I apologize that it caused you concern and an inconvenience. As I mentioned to you earlier today, you do not owe the hotel any funds, and I welcome you to contact me at the hotel if you have any further questions or concerns regarding this matter.

Reviewed 12 September 2011

We stayed 2 nights during a motorcycle trip. Nice place. Clean. Pleasant and helpful staff. Nice breakfast room for free continental breakfast. Only 2 floors (motel), but no elevator. On a busy street. Restaurants and bars close by. The only thing I did NOT like was the air conditioner blew right in our faces. The head of the bed should be on the opposite side of the room from the A/C unit. I had to turn it off and open the window, which, on a Saturday night near downtown La Crosse, is VERY noisy.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
EMielkeGM, Manager at Super 8 La Crosse, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2011

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel online. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will certainly mention the matter with the AC unit to our maintenance team, so that they may look into what other options we may have for their placement. I apologize that that cause an inconvenience for you during your stay, and am glad that you found other aspects of your stay to your satisfaction. Thank you again for taking the time to review us online!

Reviewed 31 August 2011

This hotel is as basic as they get but it was clean and had dedicated motorcycle parking (not covered). I would have given it a "5" but the breakfast (continental) was just terrible. I think some hotel managers and staff think you can't mess up a continental breakfast. Well I have traveled and stayed in hotels a lot, and believe me, you can!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Tim E
EMielkeGM, Manager at Super 8 La Crosse, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2011

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property online. We certainly appreciate your feedback on how we can enhance our property. Please know that we do put great thought into our breakfast offerings, and would be happy to hear what you felt was lacking. We certainly are open to including different items to have it be more enjoyable for our guests. Thanks again for taking the time to rate us online. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed 11 August 2010

The folks at this super 8 are the best . My grandkid forgot his stuffed toy, I was 500 miles away from there when i noticed it missing . We phoned the hotel and they boxed the stuffed bear up and sent it out . The young fellow who worked the desk late at night was very friendly.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Carsoncityfats
EMielkeGM, Manager at Super 8 La Crosse, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2011

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel online! It is so great to help get the word out about our newly remodeled rooms and the service we aim to give each and every one of our guests. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and hope we can accommodate you again, if you ever find yourself in the La Crosse area!