Super 8 La Crosse
US$134
Econo Lodge(La Crosse)
US$50
Good 3.5/5
The Charmant Hotel(La Crosse)
US$159
Excellent 5/5
Welch Motel(La Crosse)(Great Value!)
US$65
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsmotorcycle parkingpool and hot tubpleasant staybreakfast selectionstaff was very friendlyfitness roomcomfortable bedsfirst floorone night stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 April 2010

When we were given a double (to call it a queen would be a stretch) bed instead of the one we reserved, we went to the front desk and were told our booking engine did not specifiy King size bed . (My printout certainly did!) The only King beds left were in the suite and that would be much more money. We persisted and were given the suite at no extra charge~but for only one night. In the morning we inquired about the 2nd night, they said there was a cancelation and we again were given the suite for no extra cost. Seems strange that when an online booking comes in, the Super 8 doesn't inquire into what size room the customer wants. The staff was friendly, the room comfortable, and the price was right. The walls are still very thin and the party next door was loud. Breakfast was great. I imagine the prices will go up when the rennovations are complete. They need to get their internet act together and not let their people manning the desk take heat from wrong reservations.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ladylyn10
Reviewed 9 February 2010

Arrived here to find the hotel filled with teenagers attending a cheerleader contest. Festivities continued in the halls until 2:30. Room had almost no sound proofing. Noises from the adjoining maintenance room were loud and constant.

The pet fee of $25 was exorbitant.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 July 2009

We stayed here on our way to Chicago. I had read reviews and was nervous staying here but I kept telling myself that it was only one night. Upon arriving I was pleasantly surprised by the nice lobby only to be followed by a wonderful gal at the front desk. She explained all the amenities (continental breakfast, 24 hour pool) even though it was 11:30 pm and knew we were leaving the next morning. The room (king bed) was spacious. The bathroom sink was outside the bathroom (which I personally love). Even though I didn't sleep well I thought the bed was comfortable. The only complaint I had was the air conditioner was noisy and clunky. I think this was one of the reasons I couldn't sleep (I'm a very light sleeper and everything wakes me). Overall, we had a nice short stay.

Stay here if you are not picky and need top notch accomodations.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 March 2009

We stayed 2 nights for a wedding. The rooms were clean and came with a fridge, microwave and table and chairs. Lobby, pool, breakfast area, and rooms were well maintained. And, the pool was open 24 hours!

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank haveagoodtime
Reviewed 20 October 2008

Stayed at the Super 8 Lacrosse the weekend of 10/18/08 for 2 nights. I travel for my job and was not expecting much from a Super 8 since it is a motel. Pikced it since I had friends living just 2 blocks away. Next time I'll just drive a bit and stay at better motel in the Lacrosse area.

All I ask is that things be clean, which should not be that difficult! The hotel lobby and overall decor is way outdated which you can live with but dirty and dusty come on! The carpeting was dark black with maroon florals, walls were forest green.

Front desk staff were very friendly.

Housekeeping and breakfast area staff need to get additional training on how to clean.

Rooms - nice size room, nice refrigerator, bedding was very thin, worn out , torn blanket, flat pillows, mushy worn mattresses. If housekeeping did their job the rooms wouldn't of been that bad. Dust around tv armoire, carpeting not vacumed, lamp shades full of dust, human hair beard clippings on sink area, top of shower stall layer of dust. Coffee pot left dirty with no coffee to repace for next day, lets just say keep your socks on when walking on the carpet. Sink outside the bathroom in the main part of the room , which was just filthy, used some clorox wipes to clean it myself. The actual bathroom just has the the tub and toilet. Guest room window was dirty and off the track very poor quality, can't imagine it keeping the cold out in the winter months. At least everything in the room was functional and did work.

Breakfast area - very dull and drab, free continetal breakfast which was good, several kinds of juice, good coffee, bagels, pastries, cereal waffles all pretty good. But once again area was not that clean, staff need to be trained on cleaning. The other thing that was strange was that both mornings we saw staff in the breakfast area eating donuts in plain view of guests. Office for employee staff was just as dirty and unkept, stained carpeting.

Pool/jacuzzi area - again needed to be cleaner, dirty tile, fake plants with all their leaves missing, other dead live plants and the bathroom areas off the pool area were discusting, no air movement, clorine humid musty air, dirty floors, anything metal in the pool restrooms was rusted corroded and in need of replacent. Would not even think of using them they were that bad. Several guests told their children don't even think about going in those bathrooms.

Overall you can't expect much from a Super 8 motel but if they justs kept things cleaner, updated the bedding and replaced things when they were worn it wouldn't be that bad. There are similar motels in the area that are a bit less money and are much better!

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
EMielkeGM, Manager at Super 8 La Crosse, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2010

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave feedback! Please know we completely renovated and remodeled all of our guest rooms in March of 2010. We certainly hope that you will give us another chance to accommodate you if you are ever in the area again. -Emilee Mielke, General Manager