“Pleased with our stay, will return!”

Candlewood Suites La Crosse
Ranked #10 of 20 Hotels in La Crosse
Michigan
“Pleased with our stay, will return!”
Reviewed 12 October 2011

We stayed for 3 nights while visiting UW-Lacrosse. It was really nice to have a kitchen. We were able to make our own breakfast each morning and we also used it to prepare dinner as well. The property even has a couple of gas grills for guest use. Grocery store is a couple of doors down which makes it easy to get supplies. The hotel seems to be quite new, and we had no problem with cleanliness. It was nice having a separate bedroom from the living/kitchen area. It was much roomier than a standard hotel room.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank sandy_bottoms
mrkhughes, Manager at Candlewood Suites La Crosse, responded to this review, 21 November 2011
Thank you so much for sharing your experience at the Candlewood Suites! I'm very glad to hear that you enjoyed the full kitchen in your suite. It just goes to show that you don't have to be here for an extended stay to enjoy our "Uniquely Candlewood" amenities. We hope to have you back again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin
Reviewed 13 September 2011

This is a nice hotel, very convenient, and we have stayed here several times when visiting our college daughter. Our room on our last stay, however, was less than clean, and had a musty odor.
We will probably try it one more time, but hope that the cleanliness will be improved.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank GnnFlt
mrkhughes, Manager at Candlewood Suites La Crosse, responded to this review, 15 September 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor and thank you for your comments. I apologize that your room did not meet your expectations. I would very much like to speak with you regarding your most recent stay with us so that I may have an opportunity to find what room you were in and research it more and possibly find the cause for the musty odor so that it may be corrected immediately. I will be discussing the cleanliness issue with our housekeeping staff and head housekeeper to be sure nothing is overlooked or left undone. I really appreciate that you took the time to share your comments and I will be working toward a solution so that your expectations are met in the future as well as for other future guests. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon!
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 29 August 2011

I came to La Crosse so my fiance could try on her wedding dress, and the Candlewood Suites surpassed all expectations. I knew it would be nice, I was unprepared for how nice. The rooms are amazing, the building is spotless, and the staff is incredibly friendly. This is by far one of the best hotels I have stayed in. Ever. Period.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Joe P
mrkhughes, General Manager at Candlewood Suites La Crosse, responded to this review, 31 August 2011
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your recent experience on Tripadvisor and thank you for choosing the Candlewood Suites for your recent stay in La Crosse! Thank you also for your kind words. We value all forms of feedback from our guests. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us and all of us here hope to see you again in the future. Congratulations on the wedding!
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 15 August 2011

I had booked a hotel room with two double beds for me and my parents as we were attending a wedding in town that evening. I had booked the room 2 months in advance and when we went to check in, they had overbooked on rooms with 2 beds. As my boyfriend had also tagged along, we really did need two beds in the room since there would be 4 people staying in the room. The front desk staff was extremely helpful and ended up giving us two king bed rooms for the price of the one double. I was so impressed with the way the front desk worker handled the matter and I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank imhp53916
mrkhughes, Manager at Candlewood Suites La Crosse, responded to this review, 18 August 2011
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your recent experience! I am very sorry that we were unable to accommodate you in the Two Queen Studio Suite that you had originally booked. Due to the extended stay nature of our hotel, we occasionally have guests who need to extend their stay unexpectedly and on rare occasions, this results in overbooking. As you experienced first-hand, we always make alternate arrangements in these situations, and ensure that our guests are fully satisfied with their accommodations. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the additional suite and had a positive experience at the Candlewood Suites. Thanks again for your review, and we hope to have you as a guest again in the future!
New York City, New York
Reviewed 4 August 2011

Needed to be here a couple of days for business. This is a newer La Crosse hotel, less than 5 mins drive north of downtown, & government offices. And a little more than 10mins drive south of Onalaska, where there are larger businesses like Target, Best Buy, multiplex movie theatres, etc... This hotel is also right next door to a strip mall with options for food, as well as a nail & skin salon - good for anyone who might need a quick touch up manicure before a business meeting. I've stayed at extended stay hotels before, including within this brand, and this hotel continues my enthusiasm . Despite not having daily room cleaning, I find the larger room, convenience of kitchenette & free washer & dryer facilities worth the trade off. I paid a little more than $150/night incl tax for a room with two queen beds, which for this town is a little pricey during a non-peak time, but again the comfort & cleanliness is worth it. Not designers rooms, but not ugly ducklings either. If you're traveling here for pleasure or business, solo or with family this is a more than serviceable hotel. The staff is friendly & efficient. I hope the staff maintains this hotel in the pristine condition it currently has. The only slightly annoying issues - which I do understand the economic & green reasons for - are there are master power switches which overide the room's lights & appliances which you have to enable & the room airconditioning switches off automatically when it doesn't sense anyone in the room. While I was in LaCrosse the outdoor temperatures were in the 90's & oppressively humid. It takes the airconditioning at least 5 - 10 mins to "sense" you, in the meanwhile you've come in from sweltering outside & are impatient for cool air. The only stay I'd hesitate to recommend this hotel for, are the romantic stays where having a stove & dishwasher within sight of the bed isn't very conducive to romance.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank LMRKW
Thank you very much for taking the time to leave such a thorough review of your experience - we really appreciate your feedback, and that you're sharing it with others! I'm so happy to hear that the Candlewood Suites brand model suited you. We understand that weekly housekeeping isn't for everyone, but agree that our spacious suites, full kitchens, free guest laundry, and other unique amenities make our guests feel right at home.

You were absolutely right in that our master light switches and occupancy-sensing thermostats, along with our solar powered water heaters and energy-star appliances, are a part of our effort to reduce our environmental impact. However, we are committed to ensuring that we do not inconvenience our guests in the process. We will certainly review the current thermostat settings to be certain that our suites maintain acceptable temperatures when in the short-term unoccupied mode.

Thanks again for your valuable feedback, and we hope to have you back soon!
Reviewed 20 July 2011

From the very welcoming front desk staff, to the awesome rooms, laundry facilities, honor snack bar, bbq area...we loved it all! Free dvd's at the front desk for you to use. Full kitchens equipped with everything you would need and a grocery store is in the same center. Will most definitely return.

• Stayed July 2011
Thank you very much for choosing Candlewood Suites for your stay in La Crosse, and for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. I'm so glad you were able to fully enjoy all of the unique amenities we have to offer, and hope to see you back here soon!
Iowa
Reviewed 8 July 2011

We stayed here over the 4th of July weekend in a suite. The rooms are large and comfortable. It's nice to have a full kitchen, very convenient! Beds and furnishings were great. There is also a nice area in the back of the hotel to sit in the evenings and gas grills for your use. One little flaw, we did hear alot of noise from the hallway while there, but not enough to stay away.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with others! I'm glad that you enjoyed our unique amenities such as the full kitchen and Gazebo Grills. I'm very sorry that you experienced some noise from other guests in the hallway, but am happy to hear that it did not negatively affect your overall experience. Our guest service team strives to keep noise to a minimum, particularly during the overnight hours, so please don't hesitate to report noise problems to the front desk should you experience this in the future. We'll be happy to take care of the situation right away so that you can get back to enjoying your stay. Thanks again for your review, and we hope to see you back here soon!