“Great Staff”

Days Inn La Crosse Conference Center
Ranked #18 of 20 Hotels in La Crosse
Reviewed 25 March 2012

Wonderful and caring staff. The restaurant/lounge was a great starting point for our group.
Meeting space is beautiful and updated.

Room Tip: first floor
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank NotreDameFgtIrsh
tlawler, General Manager at Days Inn La Crosse Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2012

Thank you for your response. We pride ourselves on our service at this property. I appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 22 March 2012

I was not impressed with the Days Hotel in LaCrosse, WI. First of all it is hard to find because you have to take several little streets and the street names keep on changing , and it is out in the middle of nowhere not close to anything. The rate was cheap but the bathroom door was warped on both sides and each outlet I tried in the room, my phone charger would say, "not supported by charger" so I coulod not charge my phone.
The free breakfast was good thoug. That was the best part of my stay there. When I booked the room I was under the assumption that it was close to downtown and easy to get to. Last time I make that assumption.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
tlawler, General Manager at Days Inn La Crosse Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2012

I am sorry to hear that you were disapointed with our location. We are only a little over a mile from downtown. Many people prefer our location as they do not have to worry about parking like they would if they were to be downtown. I appreciate your feedback and will address the issues with the bathroom door and outlet.

Reviewed 9 March 2012

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
3  Thank DaysInnH

Reviewed 26 February 2012

Staff was nice, although they seemed quite busy and weren't available for much chit-chat about the town. The room, and the hotel in general, seems to need some renovations. Cleaning needed lots of improvement - my husband dropped the remote control on the floor and found an old condom wrapper from some other guest behind the bed. If our kids found that, it would not be so good. We got a non-smoking room but it seemed some people had been smoking inside our room. Internet worked well. Breakfast was good. Maybe it would be good for a one-night stay if no other choices. We felt it was a bit overpriced.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 January 2012

For the small town of La Crosse, Wisconsin an event such as the Elvis Explosion in September tends to bring in some serious numbers for local business owners struggling to survive our economic turmoil. For one very lucky Days Inn hotel this yearly visit from "The King" represents the difference between staying in the black, or bleeding into the red. As I entered the doors of the property I was greeted with smiling faces and prompt customer service, I am part of a very famous musical organization however that is not relevant as I have been disregarded just like everyone else. I am in charge of accomodations for the band so I have to make sure usually with plenty of time that all keys are ready to be handed out and that our rooms are all clear for the members to crash a couple of hours before our show. The most important thing I can remember was the fact that I did not call ahead that day because of all types of phone issues we were expiriencing on our travels and nonetheless the Days Inn staff was thoroughly prepared for our arrival despite the hustle and bustle of Elvis fans all over the lobby trying to check in for the festivities. It was remarkable to see such a neat package of keys and maps and coupons for the Heroes bar and grill all laid out for us when I arrived. The rooms were immaculate for the "humble, limited accomodations" described on sites such as TA, that was refreshing as well. Overall an amazing expirience getting a chance to stay at such a unique Days Inn, whereas other properties of this type are notorious for their unsanitary means, La Crosse steps it up with making lemonade from some cold lemons, just good clean fun with lots of amenities available, not to forget the full breakfast in the morning we had waiting for us in the Heroes bar that turns into a breakfast hang in the mornings and the hot tub/ sauna physical fitness recreational area that was quaint but well kept and sufficient for the purpose of keeping that waistline trim. There was one individual worth mentioning, Ms Diana Rusk, she was onhand management there to greet us and aid us in any pending manner that we had i.e. issues with the keys and a lightbulb that a bit too dim for one of the guys. She took time from her busy schedule to make the La Crosse Days Inn one of the band's most memorable stays. It just goes to show you cannot judge a book by its cover. Will keep on my list of top 10 small town hotels. I found that while staying at this property all you have to do is ask. You shall receive!

Room Tip: It is very isolated an area so noise will not become a problem. If you do not like your room please...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank Sor4you2nite
tlawler, General Manager at Days Inn La Crosse Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2012

Thank you for your wonderful feedback. We pride ourselves on anticipating our guest’s needs. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and the annual Elvis festivities. Please visit us again.

Tony Lawler

Reviewed 16 December 2011

The room made me physically ill. Unusually bad. Smelled like the inside of an old smoker's house. I think that when they made it a non-smoking hotel, all they did was change the signs. The carpet felt greasy. Friendly staff & plenty of parking , though.

I travel all over the country, and stay in small towns and big cities. There are worse hotels--I never felt threatened here--but if you have ANY sensitivity to bad air or filth, don't stay in this one.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere!
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
4  Thank jim T
tlawler, General Manager at Days Inn La Crosse Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2011

I am extremely sorry to hear about the issues that you experinced during your stay with us. We are a 100% smoke free hotel and strive to ensure that our guests do not smoke in our guest rooms. I would appreciate additional feedback from you if you would be willing to contact me to discuss. Our staff here is dedicated to making your stay as comfortable as possible and I am sorry that we fell short of your expectations during your most recent stay.

Reviewed 26 October 2011

We stayed at the hotel while we were in La Crosse for Oktoberfest. The lobby area is nice and clean. Our room was average and we had two double beds. The hotel was rather dated. There was a small table in the room with chairs. The lights next to the bed did not work. The walls are very thin. We could hear hallway noise and room noise. Several guests were very loud, but being Oktoberfest weekend, we expected that. The housekeeping was not the best. They only made one of our beds up during our stay and left my friends bed unmade. The pool area was nice. Location was good as it is close to the interstate.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends

I appreciate your feedback. We are in the process of completing renovations in stages. We have completed the Lobby, Conference Center, Restaurant, and we are in the process of completing some room renovations. Please give us another try next time you are in town.