“Great Little Place”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lake Geneva
Duffy's Cottages & Suites
Ranked #15 of 15 Hotels in Lake Geneva
Reviewed 15 November 2009

My husband and I went up for the weekend and weren't expecting much above a fishing cabin but were pleasantly surprised by by the cottage and its cleanliness (We stayed in cottage #1). The bathroom was small with a standup shower but it was functional. There is not much property where the cottages are but the road is rural with little traffic. Not sure how it would be in high season. Although we were told we didn't need to bring anything with us when making the reservation, I'm glad I brough shower amenities since there was only a bar of soap in the bathroom. The cottage lacked a hair dryer though so if you need one, bring it with you. I was able to get wifi access there for my laptop as well. It was close to things and was very reasonably priced, so overall it was a good value for us. We didn't eat at the pub but had a few beers which we though were expensive but we also found that at all the bars around the lakes. We'd stay there again if we're back in the area.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 57Lulu
Duffy7100, Owner at Duffy's Cottages & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2011

Thanks for the review, you will be happy to find out that we have upgraded the bathroom supplies ( shampoo etc ) and have added hair-dryers. Also this cottage now has a full bathtub with shower. See you next year !

Reviewed 25 June 2009

Duffy's Pub, on the North Shore of Lake Como is a great little neighborhood pub. They have the best homemade pizza around. The owners are friendly and have fun with their customers. Their Friday-Saturday night salad/soup bar is delicious as well. The Duffy's also have cottage rentals, just a few feet from Lake Como. A don't miss place when you visit the Lake Geneva area.

Reviewed 15 June 2008

Our stay was very nice. The weather wasn't that great but Mr. Duffy gave us his cell phone number and told us to call if we had any problems. We were traveling with a toddler, who was very entertained. I would stay there again and I would also tell my friends and family. Everyone was so nice. We ate at the Pub and the food was very good.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 21 October 2007

Was treated like family on each visit.
The Pub is a nice family environment with a
limited menu, but good food and a great value.
Apple Cider is great. Cold and refreshing.

Stayed: October 2007
Reviewed 21 October 2007

I've been going to Duffy's for 9 years and just love the place and people who own and run it. This started as a bachelor party and has grown into an every 3rd week in September golf outing and vaction weekend. The prices are very reasonable, food is very good, and the rooms are kept very clean. I give it 5 stars ***** excellent.

Tom

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 8 October 2007

I first stayed at Duffy's 8 years ago for a long weekend retreat of fun and relaxation with my brothers and friends. We have been coming back every year since!
Duffy's Pub and Cottages is located in a quite setting right next to beautiful Lake Como. The cottages are clean, comfortable and quite affordable. If thirst or hunger strikes, Duffy's Pub is just a few steps away. No need to drive. The beer is all top notch and the food is terrific. The bar is an authentic Irish pub and they don't even mind if you come in wearing a kilt.
The establishment is family owned and operated, so service is always excellent. The owners are also very friendly and treat you just like family the minute you arrive. I am already looking forward to my visit next year.
Cheers!

Stayed: September 2007
1  Thank Dsbjh
Reviewed 7 October 2007

I've been to Duffy's several times and always have the same wonderful experience. This place simply can't be beat. It is a quite retreat off the beaten path that just makes any concerns you might have had simply melt away. The kind souls who run this place are the kind of inn keepers you want; kind, attentive, friendly and fun! It reminds me of some of the little family run places I've visited in Europe, hospitable, gracious and a cozy out of the way place you feel lucky to find. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled with friends