“Awesome!”

Grand Geneva Resort & Spa
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Lake Geneva
Reviewed 10 April 2012

My Wife and I decided to get away for a 1 night "babymoon" as she is due to have our little girl in June. I booked her a pre-natal massage at the Well Spa and she absolutely loved it! It really helped her ease some of the pain she had been experiencing. During her massage I was able to go down to the golf course bar and watch the Masters. Mandi at the bar was really nice and never let me go dry!! We ate dinner at the Grand Cafe and the service/food was excellent. We were a little dissapointed that the Italian Restaurant "Brissagio" was closed, as this was our first choice. However I think it was to accomodate some guests that were using it for a few weeks.

Thanks for a relaxing getaway before the baby comes!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,219)

Reviewed 8 April 2012

Love this place! My husband and I have been coming here once or twice a year for the past few years and I have to say that since the renovations, the Grand Geneva is a wonderful place to stay! I highly recommend the Chop House for both the food and the view. The staff is very accommodating and has upgraded our room several times just because we asked. It is very close to town and has spectacular views. It's a great little getaway!

1  Thank Chrisitna P
Reviewed 8 April 2012

We stayed in a room with a king size bed facing the golf course.The view of the golf course is gorgeous.It is so peaceful to look at.The room is spacious and has a very comfortable bed and nice linens. We ate at the Geneva Chop house which was delicious and had very good service.We even received a complimentary desert because we were celebrating my husbands birthday. After dinner we sat outside by a nice fire pit and socialized with other guests.We then went to the disco and danced to a DJ s music. There was live music before dinner as well. We had spa services which were really nice. The woman's locker room is really nice with a steam room, sauna and hot tub in it with the best showers that have multiple shower heads and are great. There is a piano bar in the lobby but we ran out of time to go there but seemed very nice. The service is very good and they are very accommodating. I was there in the summer as well and the pool outside is a great place to relax in the sun at and has food and bar service.Again the view is beautiful. The front desk staff are very nice and helpful. I cant wait to go back. Its a great place for couples and families too. The grounds are wonderful!

Room Tip: Ask to be close to the front desk,golf course view
1  Thank hyjammy
Reviewed 5 April 2012

We stayed at the Grand Geneva over Labor Day weekend (for which they doubled the price each night) for our 6-year wedding anniversary. We were originally placed in a first floor room with a boring view and we asked for a higher floor with a much more beautiful view of the golf course, pond, and water features. The downside of this was there was no elevator service and we had to walk up/down stairs with all of our luggage/baggage. Although my husband thought the TV in the bathroom mirror was neat, I didn't care to use a bacteria-infested bathroom remote. Because of the balcony door being occasionally opened, flying bugs often made their way into the room and stayed there. Grand Cafe, the casual restaurant within the hotel we visited the morning of our anniversary, was pretty good. We ate the buffet breakfast and although they had only a moderate selection of items, the waitress brought me pancakes from the kitchen after I asked. Ristorante Brissago, the Italian restaurant within the hotel we visited the night of our anniversary, was fantastic! The food was delicious, the service was excellent, and they included some added bonuses for our anniversary at no cost (a red rose at the table, a champagne toast, and yummy dessert).

Room Tip: higher floor will provide nice view, but beware of stairs.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
MDGGRS, General Manager at Grand Geneva Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2012

Thank you for your recent posting on your visit during Labor Day Weekend. Thank you for honoring us with the opportunity to host your wedding anniversary weekend. I was pleased to read that the staff was able to accommodate your request for a room with a view. I did want to share with you that we do disinfect the remote controls during each servicing of the guest room. I look forward to your return visit and if I can be of assistance to you now or at any time in the future, please do not hesitate to contact my office at (262) 249-4713.

Thank you for your business as well as your feedback.

Brett Sundstrom

Reviewed 3 April 2012

My husband and I live in Chicago. We have visited Lake Geneva numerous times, but were staying at the Grand Geneva for the first time. We arrived on Sunday 2 hours before check in. Our room was ready! I had reserved a Lake View King room. The view was spectacular, but the rug was full of cookie crumbs! A whole pile of them. No problem! They quickly sent out someone to vacuum them up. Unfortunately, the maid did not knock before entering. Scared the beegeebus out of me! But, she quickly resolved the problem. Upon arrival, they had asked us if we wanted to upgrade for a small additional fee, we decided to go back to front desk and upgrade. A wonderful young man named Jonathan Webster took care of business for us and boy were we happy we asked. We really loved our new accommodations. Same spectacular view, but some room to move in. My husband golfed on The Brute! It was brutal but fun. We had dinner at the Chop House. The food was
just wonderful but it can get pricey. We also sat by the fire pit and had an after dinner drink.
We definitely plan on returning. Thanks J. Webster! You made our stay special. I would recommend though that all staff be reminded to knock on the door before entering a guest room! This happened 2 more times during our stay (not by our cleaning lady, she was awesome)!

Room Tip: Definitely pony up for the lake view room. It is well worth it.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 April 2012

The grounds are beautiful. We had a nice view of the golf course, but was not worth the $30 per day additional fee. A room without a view was not available. The bathroom had a TV in the mirror, which the kids found to be very cool. The audio quality of bathroom TV's are never very good.
The bathtub was too slippery, and there was not heat in the bathroom.
The beds were way too small, the pillows were very skimpy.
The staff was very nice and the hotel very clean.
We watched the dueling pianos on Friday night. That was really fun.
We never ate in the hotel because the prices were too high.
There was a full basketball court in the fitness area. My son and I had hours of fun in there, and there was no additional cost.
The pool was nice, clean and fun.
One day we went to the waterpark at Timber Ridge. It is clean, very cost effective but for younger children and families. My teenagers were bored after thirty minutes.

Room Tip: If you want a view, expect to pay a premium.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 April 2012

I dont understand what all the hype is. Our room was ok. The bathroom vanity has been updated, very nice. The amenities that I liked were the TV in the mirror, the magnifying mirror, the mirrors on the closet doors, flat screen TV, frig in room. Did not care for the view of the dog waste box and path, thought we were getting golf course view. The pillows on the bed were awful. It took 3 to make a pillow for me they were so flat. My husband's pillow was hard and lumpy. The bed was uncomfortable. We did not sleep well at all. The hallways in this resort are old and dusty and musty. We sneeezed our way through to the lobby. You could see the dirt around all the doorways. YUK.

Room Tip: Request a section closer to lobby, ask for a specific view. Avoid section 1 if you dont want to walk...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
MDGGRS, General Manager at Grand Geneva Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2012

Thank you for your recent posting. My name is Brett Sundstrom and I am the Managing Director of the Grand Geneva Resort & Spa. I apologize that you did not receive the view you requested and that the pillows were less than satisfactory. We pride ourselves on trying to accommodate all of guests’ requests and maintain the cleanliness of our buildings at all times.

Our priority is to create a great experience, but it sounds as though we failed to hit the mark during your stay. I apologize for that. Your comments have been shared with my staff, so thank you for taking the time to review our property. We take your comments to heart, as your feedback will help us improve. As we continue to strive for excellence in service, I welcome the opportunity to speak to you more about your recent resort experience - I may be reached at 262-249-4713.