“One of our favorite places”

Grand Geneva Resort & Spa
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Lake Geneva
Reviewed 24 April 2012

When we want to have a relaxing special weekend we always book at Grand Geneva. The spa and fitness center are a must. Book a massage with Kim!
Dinner at the resort is always fantastic. After dinner; a drink in the lounge with Kathy on piano is a perfect end to a perfect day.

The entire staff is friendly and helpful

We love it so much that we are going to get married there this October.

Laura & Tony

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 24 April 2012

This was by far the worst spa experinece I have ever had....not only was there a high school group of girls all over the relaxation area and locker room but the restroom area was disgusting and dirty. After complaining about the cleanliness issue and finally starting to get ready for my treatments, the wrong treatments were scheduled! The only positive of this day was the front desk clerk who tried to make up for all the disappointment by not charging me for the incorrect treatment and discounting all the other treatments of the day. Never again!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank ACappon
MDGGRS, General Manager at Grand Geneva Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2012

I apologize that you encountered less than ideal service while staying with us. We pride ourselves on our Spa cleanliness and ability to cater to specific situations. Based on your review, it seems your Spa experience was anything but tranquil. Our priority is to provide you with a great experience, but it sounds as though we failed to hit the mark during your stay. I apologize for that. Your comments have been shared with my staff, so thank you for taking the time to review our property. We take your comments to heart, as your feedback will help us improve. As we continue to strive for excellence in service, I welcome the opportunity to speak to you more about your recent resort experience - I may be reached at 262-249-4713

Reviewed 23 April 2012

Loved the room and conference area. Room was very clean and comfortable (lots of pillows). I would recomend to others and go back if given a chance.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 April 2012

It was our first wedding anniversary and I wanted it to be special. I booked us a room at the Grand Geneva since I had been there with my family in the past and seen on the website that they advertise that it is great for romantic getaways. This was not the case. The front desk person that greeted us was in no way friendly. I can get over that no biggie. The room was nice but situated close to the pool so there was plenty of noise and lots of children running up and down the halls. Nothing ruins a romantic moment like the sounds of children. To make our room even more of a ruckus there was a wedding party right outside of our balcony. If we sat outside we felt like we were right in the middle of the party. It was awkward and loud. We cancelled our reservations at one of the restaurants and instead went into town where a cab ride cost $18.00. We ended up having fun in town but the point was to experience all the Grand Geneva had to offer. Luckily I had good company or the night would have been completely ruined. I payed way too much for a romantic getaway that was anything but. I would have enjoyed sitting out by the pool with a cocktail had there been anyplace to lay down and relax. We did sit at the outdoor bar and the service there was fantastic. But that is the only positive to an overpriced, loud, hotel stay,

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank katie g

Thank you for your recent posting. My name is Brett Sundstrom and I am the Managing Director of the Grand Geneva Resort & Spa. I want to apologize that your expectations were not met during your stay this past August. We pride ourselves on customer service and ability to make your check in process as smooth as possible.

Our priority is to exceed expectations and provide a great experience, but it sounds as though we failed to hit the mark during your stay. I apologize for that. Your comments have been shared with my staff, so thank you for taking the time to review our property. We take your comments to heart, as your feedback will help us improve. As we continue to strive for excellence in service, I welcome the opportunity to speak to you more about your recent resort experience - I may be reached at 262-249-4713

Reviewed 22 April 2012

Here are a few details from my last minute trip, one night stay at the Grand Geneva...
-arrived early and was informed the room was not ready and they would call when it was, we never got a phone call so we went back to the hotel to check in after 4.
-Spent the afternoon at the Timber ridge water park next door. I was really sorry I forgot to bring flip flops and my own towels. The bathroom/changing area is way too small for the facility and needs an overhaul badly. My husband and I felt a little out of place because we do not have any tattoos. Our 2.5 YO had a blast in the baby part of the pool going down the slide and sitting in the swing. My 10 MO also loved splashing his feet in the water. Seeing their smiling faces made it worth going (once).
-We checked in, got our room keys, walked all the way to the other side of the resort to our room and could not get into the bldg b/c our keys did not work. Always double check your keys are activated. Security brought keys to us quickly.
-Our room was a large spacious suite in bldg 1. The bathroom was sparkling clean. The bed was soft. The one downside was the bedroom did not have a window and felt like I was sleeping in a closet.
-I had asked for two pack-n-plays and only one was set up in the room when we arrived. They brought another one quickly.
-We ate dinner at the cafe near the reception desk. My husband had the buffet and was not overly impressed. I ordered a dinner off the menu (pot roast) and had to send it back. My server was kind about the situation and suggested the salad and soup from the buffet, which I ate.
-There is a small farm at the entrance to the resort which has several animals to look at and two ponies for rides ($8.00 each). My 2 YO loved visiting this.
-There is a playground on site with swings and a large jungle gym with several slides. My 2 YO loved this too.
-We ate at Simple in town, once for lunch and once for breakfast. I recommend it.

Room Tip: ask what building the room is in. Bldg 1 is a far walk to the dining areas for a family w/ kids. Ou...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 April 2012

It is authentic! It is Italy,... oh, no, it's Lake Geneva, Wisconsin, but it sure feels like Italy! The food, wine, and service is so perfect! All of the ingredients that go into the bread, salad, appetizers, and entrees is so fresh and in the spirit of the passion that makes their Italian food sooo Italian!!! And right in the center of an amazingly awesome and beautiful resort!!!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 April 2012

Although I paid $99, I must have been upgraded to a suite. Room 6112 was amazing. With marble floors and counters, the bathroom was practically bigger than my apartment. There was a jacuzzi tub and a separate shower. There was a TV in the mirror.

The bedroom contained two comfy beds with a hi-def TV. The wet bar was a room of its own equipped with a mini-fridge. The living room had a gas fireplace and another hi-def TV. The patio overlooked the golf course.

Service was uber-friendly. Even the maids smiled and said hi. Loved the richly decorated lobby too.

I love to travel, and this easily was one of the best hotel experiences I've had.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business