“Don't let bad reviews stop you. ”

Anthony's Steak House
Ranked #28 of 99 Restaurants in Lake Geneva
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

We went here on a Saturday night. We read some recent bad reviews but decided to go anyway. The atmosphere was great, very supper club like, which it is. We were seated right away in a nice corner booth. Our waitress was fantastic, the drinks were good and our steaks were cooked to perfection. We would recommend this place and will come back.

Reviewed 6 August 2017

We went dor fish fry, after all it was a Friday night in Wisconsin! We had a few cocktails at the bar, bartender was delightful. After being seated we ordered a filet, pork chops, and fish fry.
Service was good. The relish tray is a nice part of being at a supper club.
The 8oz fillet was $34.+ $5 for mushrooms = flavor was good, steak tender.
Pork chops were grilled, very good.
The fish fry was the worst we ever had, even worse were the potatoe pabcakes - not even edible.
Total price with drinks for our dinner was $150, we wont be back.

Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

When my wife and I left. After a few minutes, I said we should have sent them back. We agreed. She had an 8 oz filet. She had to cut a half inch of burned meat away to make it edible. My rib eye looked and tasted like a piece of charcoal. I asked the attentive server why they served burned steak and she said, "they do char them." Well, yes. The definition of 'char' is to "partially burn." And, that they were. The bill with a glass of wine was over $90. (20% tip included - she didn't burn the steaks.) There may have been a happy hour which might have reduced the bill, but since we did not get in itemized bill, we'll never know. What were we thinking!!!!!

Reviewed 26 June 2017

Why anyone would give this restaurant 5 stars is a mystery to me. We wanted something less than fine dining and better than a bar and grill. We'd have been better off with the bar and grill. Both of our dinners were overcooked & dry. My husband had duck & rice pilaf. The duck was dry, the rice pilaf had a dry film over the top (it had set too long) and when I tasted the pilaf the rice was incredibly overcooked. My walleyed pike was dry and because of that, it had no flavor in spite of the seasonings. The roasted veggies I got were just so-so and devoid of any flavor. In addition, they had tacky diner-type flat ware that didn't match and mismatched salt and pepper. The pepper shaker looked like it came from the second hand store. It was overused and needed to be tossed. Sure, Baker House had mismatched dinnerware BUT, it's fine dinnerware, not junk.

Reviewed 22 June 2017

We came to Lake Geneva for our anniversary. We ordered the filet and the ribeye which were both outstanding. We love the relish tray and the warm bread. The Old Fashioned was perfect too! Excellent, prompt service just like last time.

1  Thank Wisconsin1848