“Fantastic Waterpark for Kids”

Timber Ridge Lodge & Waterpark
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Lake Geneva
Reviewed 15 March 2012

If you're from Chicago, this water park is phenomenal for a quick 1.5 hour drive.

SECRET- Ask for a low level floor so you're on the ground floor as the pool and make sure you check out the milk and cookies at 8pm for the kids. :)

Room Tip: SECRET- Ask for a low level floor so you're on the ground floor as the pool and make sure you ch...
3  Thank LeftWing28
There are newer reviews for Timber Ridge Lodge & Waterpark

Reviewed 14 March 2012

We had a wonderful family vacation at Timber Ridge Lodge & Waterpark. We took advantage of the Waterpark package to stay for one night and receive two days of free waterpark passes for the family. We loved the "lodge" feel to everything, fireplaces in the lobby and rooms, moose heads, etc. right down to the lamps, and trees and wood decorated sides of the lazy river in the waterpark. The kids said, "this was the best vacation ever!" The parents seemed to enjoy the water slides as much as the kids!

The staff were warm and friendly. It was like a mini Disney vacation!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Cheri P
Reviewed 10 March 2012

Spent weekend with my wife and our 2 four year old kids. Sister in law's family next door in an adjoining room with spouse and a six and seven year old. We loved our stay. Rooms were spacious, comfortable, well laid out and not as noisy as other water park hotels we've visited. The kitchenette was a huge bonus by being able to leave the water park for meals. Water park is good for younger kids. 8 and older would get bored quickly. That daily activities were a treat too. Arts and craft stuff where all participant's get arcade tokens (my kids second favorite place)
We will be coming back here soon. It's. A great time and a good value.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank HobartHank
Leslie J, General Manager at Timber Ridge Lodge & Waterpark, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us.

I am glad to read that you and your family had such a wonderful time. It's great that you were able to take advantage of the room accommodations during your stay. I am also happy to learn that your children enjoyed the arts and crafts and the arcade! We look forward to welcoming you back!

Thank you again for choosing Timber Ridge.

Leslie Johnson

Reviewed 4 March 2012

We stayed at Timber Ridge for an Irish Dance Competition. I do not have many good thi gs to stay starting with when I made my initial reservation. I called to make the reservation and asked the girl on the phone if there were any better rates than the group Feis rate, she td that there were not and even when I told her I was there in January for a rate of $199/night and that I am an educator bc they often have educator rates, she insisted that the group rate was the best, so stupidly I believed her. Later that night, I just decided to look on the resort website and under their specials they showed a $199 rate! I called the next day and asked if I could get the better rate and was told "no" bc the group rate was non-refundable.
So we get to our room on Friday, March 2. Two of my children wanted to use the jacuzzi tub. After being in it for a total of five minutes, their bodies were bright red, even though the water temp was not hot. Had them take a shower and then the redness seemed to disappear. Other things - disgusting, scratchy blankets with holes in them, weird pink stains on the tub, holes in the sofa pillows and the worst sofa bed that you could ever imagine. Oh yes, holes where you could see and feel the coils in the sofa bed jutting out and terribly cheap sheets on the sofa bed.
Not done yet, we were there with a group of four other families and on Saturday night after all of our kids had been out of the waterpark for a good three hours, several of them had what appeared to be severe rashes/burns on their bodies. We talked to the front desk that evening, but no one could help us out except to write down our names. I spoke with Sara the following morning and she told me they rashes are "normal " and that when she brings her own son to the waterpark that she always has to give him Benadryl when he gets out. Well I'm sorry, but that is insane!
They took off a minimum amount from my bill- just the resort fee. The shape of the rooms for the expensive price, along with the worry of skin rashes and lack of customer service, will make me think very hard about coming back again.

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank Fergus515
Reviewed 3 March 2012

I recently stayed at Timber Ridge for the Irish Dancing competitions over the weekend and had horrible experiences with the staff.

On Friday afternoon at check-in there was a snowstorm underway and the parking lot was not plowed or salted which made for very dangerous conditions, while pulling into a spot my vehicle got stuck on a snow drift in the paking lot.

Noone on the hotel Front Desk, Security, Engeneering or landscaping staff would help me with a push out of the snow drift (it would have only taken 1 person). The response from each group was overwhelmingly rude and noncaring

Because the lot was not plowed and staff could not assist me - I had to call a tow truck, wait 5 hours in my room from them to arrive and spend $85 to have my car removed from the snow drift.

Do not stay at this hotel, they don't care about their guests

Room Tip: Find a different hotel while visiting Lake Geneva
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank IrishTravler2010
Reviewed 2 March 2012

We took our son, his wife and our two year old grandson for a 2 day getaway. My grandson had a blast in the kiddie area of the pool while I enjoyed the Lazy River. The life guards were very attentive and constantly on the move checking all areas of the waterpark. We stayed in a 2 bedroom and since it has a full kitchen there was no need to eat out. We all comented on how comfortable the beds were. My husband and I thought we could live there, it was so nice and roomy. I would definitely go there again!

1  Thank Emmalien
Reviewed 1 March 2012

My family and I have visited Timber Ridge 3 times and have nothing but good things to say about it. The rooms are always clean and very spacious for a family of 4. The staff has always been friendly and during our last visit, when a problem did arise, the staff handled it appropriately and with a smile. Our daughters are both under 5 so the waterpark is great as well. It has enough zero entry space for them to play in but they also love the bigger waterslides as well. Everything is clean and well maintained and the lifeguards are attentive. We have never eaten in the restaurants but have gotten food from the snack bar in the pool area and it's pretty good. They also run good deals on their website, I don't think we've ever paid more than $175 a night for a room. It is a big hotel though with a lot of people staying in it so if you are looking for a very quiet experience, this is not it. Obviously we understand that we are at a waterpark hotel and expect that there is going to be noise and also some rough children. This does not prevent us from returning. Overall we love it and will definitely be back!

1  Thank Katie W