All reviewspresidential suitehimalayan saltview of the lakeprivate pierhot tubice machinebeautiful hotelrestaurants and barsfull kitchenthe room was nicetake advantageking bedclose to downtownheartlandbalconyweekendsauna
Reviewed April 4, 2011

Well I was very excited about our weekend getaway to the Bella Vista Suites. It was a special gift from my husband and he got me a spa package to go along with the stay. The staff were friendly, but the hotel definetly needs a renovation. The bed sheets and spread were threadbare and the shower was a little scary, they need to get rid of the jacuzzi tubs and just put in a regular one, I don't know who would use it anyway.

The spa services were a in basement room that had window treatments and furniture in it from the 1990's which when getting a spa treatment I know I want to be in a clean fresh new type of atomosphere. I would not reccommend you get the spa package there if you are looking for a spa experience, if you just need a massage to take the edge off go for it, but do not book anything else. Overall it is not a bad place, but not a really good one either. The friendly staff was the only thing that saved the trip, and the awesome location. Before I stay here again though they will need to do a complete re-model.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BOS17
cgruberBVS, General Manager at Bella Vista Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2011

Thank you for your review. I am very glad that you enjoyed our location and friendly team. We are continually working to ensure we keep our suites well-appointed, I apologize regarding the condition of the linens in your suite, since your stay we have upgraded our linen package in every suite. I am also sorry to hear that you did not enjoy the Spa so many of our guests have given it rave reviews. We hope that you give us another try, please let us know that the next time you’re in town and thank you again for your review.

Reviewed April 3, 2011

The hotel is across the street from Geneva Lake and is about 2 blocks from both the public beach and downtown. There are a few great restaurants within walking distance.

The room was clean, but outdated. For example, the bathroom used both gold & chrome fixtures. The wallpaper in the living area was done very poorly. The TV was LCD and had a good selection of cable channels, however, it also was attached to a VCR. There is a $5.99 per rental VHS machine you can get movies from. The pillows were terribly thin. Almost better to just not use one at all.

The room did have a nice balcony with 2 chairs overlooking a parking area and a city park. It was nice that they had a refrigerator with water ($2.50) and a microwave. The complimentary breakfast basket they provided had bagels, muffins, orange juice, granola bars and fruit cocktail cups.

The hotel has a nice bar that has windows overlooking the lake. The service here and at the front desk was prompt and friendly. Check-in and check out were fast and my reservation was accurate. The slightly bad experience with an employee was at night when we were told abruptly that the pool area was closed. Would have been better if we'd been told it was closed and asked to leave, rather than just told "pool's closed."

I'd go back, but may want to spend more on a hotel that has been updated and was a bit more luxurious.

Room Tip: Be willing to pay for a lakefront room.
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank coso333

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am very glad you enjoyed our wonderful location on the shores of Lake Geneva. We are continually working to ensure we keep our suites well-appointed, since your April stay we have upgraded our linen package as well as just this week added DVD players to every suite. I apologize regarding the closing of the pool and I have spoken to security to ensure they are more courteous in the future. We hope to see you again soon so that you can experience the new upgrades!

Reviewed January 18, 2011

We stayed here for one night for a getaway in a corner suite with a view of the lake. The suite was large, but had an awkward layout that had some wasted space. It had a kitchenette area which is always nice. It had 1.5 bathrooms, but the half bath seemed unnecessary except for the fact the full bath doesn't have a door. The actual bedroom portion was pretty small and tight and the furniture was very outdated. The only heating unit in the suite was in the bedroom and b/c of the shape of the suite the heat doesn't travel to the main living room very well. Overall the hotel is nice, has a good location and good service, but have realistic expectations of what you are getting going in as this hotel isn't overly fancy.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kaptraveler
Reviewed December 13, 2010

We didn't arrive untill late at night and with the weather being so cold and snowing, we parked in they're underground heating parking. They had put the heat and lights on for us so the we didn't have to walk into a cold, dark room. The beds were very comfortable and room was very clean. Suite came with big fluffy robes and a basket of goodies. Location was great and we didn't have to deal with noisy kids and teenagers running around. I can say it was the best rest ever. Thank you Bella Vista Suites, I will be coming back!!!!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed November 12, 2010

We stayed for a weekend and enjoyed everything about the hotel and the City. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. They even went to the trouble of explaining all the fun things to do around town. Our room was great - clean, comfortable and with all the wonderful ammenities you come to expect from a great hotel. We would absolutely stay at Bella Vista Suites again. In fact we are already talking about our next visit

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
AllysonCataldo, Hotel management at Bella Vista Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2010

I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We work hard to make sure our guests enjoy themselves, and I'm thrilled to see that you were so happy here. I'll make sure your compliments are passed on to our staff as well. We're looking forward to seeing you again very soon -- please let us know the next time you will be staying with us, and thank you so much for your wonderful review!

Regards,