“Lake Geneva up Close and Personal”
Review of Bella Vista Suites

Bella Vista Suites
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Lake Geneva
Reviewed 9 August 2012

We booked two nights in the governor's suite to visit my son for his birthday. Traveling with my 94 year old mom, we felt we needed the 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, which was perfect. There is a ramp to go outside with a stroller or wheelchair and an interior passage to The Baker House for dinner.There was not much else happening on that lower level.
The balcony view from the fourth floor was great. I was able to capture some nice photos.
Viewing the incredible blue water, boats of every size and type and people enjoying themselves made me feel a part of the action. It was a great location to sit outside and enjoy a glass of wine.
The only draw back was the noise factor. You could hear all the conversations below from the Baker House and all the motorcycles roaring past the front of the hotel. The pros are the location, the view and the 2 bedroom/2 bath suite. It was an easy walk to get around with a family member in a wheelchair. I would definately stay here again if I was traveling with a wheelchair.The location made it easy to get around town and enabled us to use the ten dollar breakfast voucher at Scuttlebutts, which was within walking distance and worth the trip.

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor adjacent to the Baker House, which we found to be very noisy and did not al...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank MIDiva
rbaiorBVS, General Manager at Bella Vista Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am so excited to hear that you enjoyed your stay and enjoyed everything that Lake Geneva has to offer. We look forward to seeing you again during your next visit to Lake Geneva - be sure to check out our Facebook page and hotel website for any upcoming specials.

Reviewed 1 August 2012

Traveled to Lake Geneva with my mom and sister for my mom's birthday... and we were happy with out room at Bella Vista Suites. The room was spacious with two queen beds and a balcony. There was a separate living room area, which was on the small side, but worked great for drinking some wine in the room, checking e-mails on free wifi, and eating breakfast in the room (basket of breakfast goodies provided.. juice, bagels, muffins, fruit). The basket was a nice touch and there was a fridge in the room to store leftovers.

The hotel has a private dock area and it is close to restaurants (pretty much everything in LG is walkable). Live music on the spacious patio with yummy cocktails was the perfect way to start our nights out! We would absolutely stay here again!

Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank coopmke
rbaiorBVS, General Manager at Bella Vista Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2012

We are so glad that you and the girls enjoyed your time with us at the lake! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 20 June 2012

My wife and my two daughters just enjoyed a wonderful week at the Bella Vista Suites in Lake Geneva. We had a Lakeview room that allowed us a beautiful view of the lake and dock as well as all of the action of downtown Lake Geneva. We hardly even needed to use the car and walked to almost every restaurant. We swam off of the hotel's private dock and my 8 year old daughter even caught a 18 inch largemouth bass off of it!

The one BR suite worked out perfectly for us with our daughters sharing the pull out bed in the living room while my wife and I enjoyed the very private and quiet lake view bedroom. The staff was very friendly and I would definitely recommend this property to anyone who wants to stay in LG at the best location on one of the most beautiful lakes in the world.

Room Tip: Pay for the extra Lake view - it's worth it!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank LRPMGP
Management response:Responded 24 June 2012

We are so glad that you and your family enjoyed your time with us at the lake! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 13 June 2012

My stay at the Bella Suites were perfect. The rooms were large with separate rooms for living and sleeping. Great kitchenette. The staff was very helpful. Perfect location to the Lake and the town.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
cgruberBVS, General Manager at Bella Vista Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience; we are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 9 June 2012

We were going to be in the area with friends for a weekend and wanted to extend our stay one more night, so when I had found a Groupon for Bella Vista Suites I got one for us. We arrived a little before the check in time, and were just going to wait in the Lobby for a while as it was the end of January and very cold and windy outside, but we were able to get our room right away. After watching the sunset over the lake, we had thought that we'd go to the Baker House for dinner, but found they were closed on Monday's. We received a voucher for a drink in their lounge and it was so nice and cozy that we bought another drink and watched the moons reflection on the lake. When morning came we were delighted to receive a Continental Breakfast basket of juice, small bagels, cream cheese, oatmeal, and small muffins. Glad I had chosen the Lake View Suite.

Room Tip: The Lake View Suite had a nice view of the lake, however, since we were there in late January we did...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us this winter. Thank you for sharing your experience! Be sure to check out our website and Facebook for this year’s winter specials.

Reviewed 7 June 2012

My family stayed here this past Sunday and Monday night. The staff was very nice. I did go with my 4 yr old to breakfast at The Harborside Cafe, it was nice we sat outside. I think for the money I would get a lake view next time and possibly stay else where. The rooms are very small on the parkside for being suites. I think it needs an update. The pool was freezing cold Monday night to the point you could not get in it. The staff said it was at it's max at 85 degrees. Location is fine. I also took a one hour cruise on the lake with my son. It was beautiful!!!

Room Tip: Get a lake view.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank ryansmom41
cgruberBVS, General Manager at Bella Vista Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the service provided by our team. I'm sorry to hear that you felt your Parkview suite to be smaller than you liked; they come in at 475 square feet. You will get a little more space with a Lakeside starting at 550 sq.ft.; We did discover that the heater was not working properly earlier this week; I apologize that you and your son had to experience a chilly swim. We are in the process now of replacing the heating unit for the pool. Again, I thank you for your feedback and I hope that you will give us another try in the future.

Reviewed 25 May 2012

I stayed here with my friends a couple of weeks ago because I had a Groupon that was expiring. The Hotel in Nice, Clean and the Suites were nice also. They no longer offer their "delivered to your room Continental Breakfast"....Which would be OK if they would take that off their website......because when you check in you are given a voucher, for 4 different restaurants, within walking distance, but one is only open on Sunday. Plus the Voucher, for your ENTIRE GROUP, is $10. Considering the fact that you have to leave the Hotel to go and get your food....AND the voucher CAN ONLY BE USED ON BREAKFAST ITEMS.....this doesn't leave much room for sleeping late and having a nice breakfast on your balcony......Not sure If I would stay again, at the normal off season Wed. Nite Rate, of $159.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank InternetDiva69
cgruberBVS, General Manager at Bella Vista Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am glad that you and your girlfriends enjoyed the hotel and found it to be clean and nice. I do apologize that we are no longer offering the cold continental delivered to your suite. We have very recently made a change to our breakfast offering, however this change was not made lightly. After gathering feedback from guests regarding the cold continental breakfast over the last 12 months; we decided to move to the $10 breakfast voucher program. I have double checked our website to ensure it reflects the current offering and I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this caused during your recent stay. We hope you will try us again in the future.