“Come to camp, not for the beach”

Big Foot Beach State Park
Ranked #19 of 47 things to do in Lake Geneva
More attraction details
Owner description: A favorite with families and nature enthusiasts, this 271-acre park on the shore of Lake Geneva, offers wooded campsites, a sand beach and plenty of picnic areas.
Reviewed July 30, 2017 via mobile

Big Foot Beach State park really needs two separate listings. The beach is small and is too close for comfort to a busy highway. I never go to this beach, instead I pay the $7 and go to Riveria Beach in downtown Lake Geneva.
I am writing this review for the campground. I camped on a Saturday night when the campground was full. I was pleasantly surprised by how quiet the campground was a night. The sites are separated by thick trees and brush. Our site was a little small but we easily fit two tents on it. The shower house is new and there is plenty of water. Even though they are not as clean as I like, I have to give it a pass since it was a very busy weekend and it is probably hard to keep it clean.
Ice and firewood are available to purchase.
Overall very pleasant experience.

3  Thank Julia C
"flush"
"shore"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed July 29, 2017 via mobile

We decided to camp at the park since its not real far from our home. The campsites are very nice and a brand new shower building. Its a great location and it is walkable to town. It also a good base for the lake walk tour. The beach is ok and lots of picnic space. Restaurants very close by. We liked it so much we plan to go back in fall.

1  Thank Randall C
Reviewed July 29, 2017

This place gets packed on weekends by a lot of Chicago people. Early spring or late fall are the times to go. Some very nice hiking trails. The beach is across the road from the park and isn't very wide or long.

Reviewed July 12, 2017

The campground is very nicely laid out, tucked back in the park. Close to the hustle and bustle of Lake Geneva but you feel away from it all. The main shower/bathroom is very nice: private showers, family shower/restroom, mirrors with outlets and shelves in women's bathroom, and plenty of hooks. Fishing the lagoon was fun and trails are nice. We did not do the beach here as it is very small and right next to the road and we had small children in our group.

2  Thank Jen M
See more reviews
Reviewed June 26, 2017

The long, narrow strip of sand, backing the highway, hardly counts as a beach. Depending on the water level, there may be 5-6 feet of sand between you and the highway. Speedboats frequently drop anchor here and blare their music. There is no shade and you must cross the highway to get to the state park, which is also one of the worst in the state because of the lack of trees in the camping area. Nothing is private. As a Wi resident, I've traveled to almost every state park in Wi and can honestly say this is the worst one I've ever visited. If you're looking for a beautiful state park to camp at with a gorgeous beach, go north. Leave this one for the tourists from Chicago.

4  Thank Julia L