“Great breakfast in downtown Lake Mills”

The Cafe on the Park
Ranked #6 of 23 Restaurants in Lake Mills
Cuisines: American
Reviewed June 5, 2015

This place is a snug little cozy restaurant in downtown Lake Mills. We've been there for breakfast, and it was delicious. The service was prompt, it wasn't too crowded. We will return!

Reviewed October 14, 2014

After a mechanical issue they have reopened. This is a good diner style place for breakfast or lunch. Friendly, clean, very nice owners. Give it a try.

2  Thank bglassel
Reviewed July 18, 2014

I had a sausage & cheese omelet with toast and hashbrowns for around $7. Tasted great--received food in less than 10 minutes--waitress was super friendly. Interior was small but on a weekday at 9 a.m., it wasn't very busy. We stayed for over two hours and were very comfortable. Great 'small town USA' restaurant. We will definetly go back.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

The Café on the Park presents as a very clean, friendly, small town WI place to have lunch when you pull off the highway around noon during a Sunday drive. Lake Mills is a very nice little village, just east of Madison. We thought we'd give it a try for lunch. The Café on the Park had a sign outside that said "Just like mom used to make." The luncheon menu included a "Hot beef sandwich with mashed potatoes and gravy, with vegies." That sounded good to me. Unfortunately, I didn't ask if the beef was real beef from a roast (like mom used to make) or if it was that deli beef that you get for sandwich's for the kids. It was deli slices, razor thin, with what appeared to be canned gravy. Come on! That from a small town café? I was disappointed. Oh yah, the sandwich came without bread! I had to ask the waitress to bring me some bread... I don't know. This was quite a place. I'll be passing it up next time through Lake Mills. I gotta say it was clean and friendly...

Reviewed February 9, 2013

The Cafe is under new management. The food is still good and the decor is quaint. The wait staff kept our coffee cups full and were friendly. They offer half orders of some breakfast items at a reduced price which is nice for those looking for a lighter selection.