“OMG”

Americas Best Value Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lake Mills
Reviewed 24 November 2017

dirty front entry way, disheveled looking counter staff had to be summoned by phone, corridor and hallways ripe with stains, discoloration and not vacuumed, room door opened ok, carpet in room was stained and dirty (not vacuumed), shower fixtures were full of rust, shower curtain with stains and rip, water smelled of sulphur, towels smelled like boys gym locker-room, water pressure low, sound insulation between rooms non-existent, beds bow like hammocks, pillows felt like cardboard, cycling heater sounds like the machine used to make willy wonkas ever-lasting-gobstoppers. I intended to get a normal nights sleep, I slept for an hour at most, my son refused to get under the covers due to previous reports of bed bugs. I have seen worse, but this place is close, absolute disrepair, the place should be leveled.

Room Tip: run very fast
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

My sister, niece and I stayed here. We had a wonderful time. The bed was very comfortable and the room was clean too. We had a frig, coffee pot & microwave in the room. Awesome! The hotel managers we very nice. PREFECT PLACE FOR OUR GIRLS WEEKEND.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 September 2017

After reading all the bad reviews about this place and talking to people around town I decided to make my own decisions about the hotel. I checked in and met Kathy and Dan ( the couple that manage the place ), Kathy showed me the room and assisted me in verifying there was no bugs ( like some reviews stated ).
The place was clean, comfortable and quiet, Dan and Kathy made my stay as pleasant as possible. I would recommend the place to anyone and will stay there the next time I'm in that area ( provided they continue to manage the place )
Thanks again to Dan and Kathy for the treatment.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 July 2017

I had heard this place had gone downhill, but it seemed clean and the owners were attentive. We had three rooms for a group and they helped us find at least two adjoining. The children swam in the pool, which was small, but the children did not mind. The breakfast was fine. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: We were on second floor on the East side. Country view of cornfields was nice.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 June 2017

The room was not as nice as was pictured online. Our first impression upon arriving was that the front glass doors were filthy, then when we got to our room we noticed how dirty and spotted the window was as well. Also, there was a cleaning rag on the bathroom floor, there was some hair in the corner of the bathroom floor, and one of the light bulbs was burnt out in there. The bed was comfortable and we slept well. The breakfast was disappointing, some unappetizing danish and cereal. No coffee that we found. I think this hotel needs a little attention to bring it up to standard.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 May 2017

I booked this through an on line service. When arriving , we were hijacked on the agreed upon price to the tune of an extra forty dollars. My wife talked them down to just thirty over, but we were on a tight schedule on the way to an event and did not have time to change plans. The room was fairly clean, but the bathroom was really small. We were at least promised breakfast. When getting up, we found out that "breakfast" was a continental breakfast that had a few severely undersized low quality danishes, some cereal, and some room temperature Sunny D. I would only recommend to stop here for an emergency bed and quick getaway, not for an enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: get a different motel.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 February 2017

..newer Roadway's inn design, atrium lobby with a pool opposite.
North tenant wing, and long-term guests north south.

Refreshing pool, friendly owners, breakfasts satisfiability!

Bargain Whirlpool suite!

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Wardsworks

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!