“The Best is Midwest Charm in a Meal!”
Review of Blue Moon

Ranked #3 of 23 Restaurants in Lake Mills
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 6, 2018 via mobile

Apologies for butchering the spelling of her name but our server, Carrie gave us the best service we’ve experienced at a restaurant in a long time. She was energetic, funny, charming, and would even banter with us on our alcohol and food choices. She undoubtedly made our road trip from Minneapolis to Whitewater.

Besides the service the food and ambiance of the restaurant was very good. Old time feel with an upbeat energy. I would highly recommend their pizza, a hint of garlic in their crispy crust made this a mouth-watering dinner.

Reviewed January 22, 2018 via mobile

Our party of 3 sdults made an effort to eat local Saturday evening after church. We arrived at 645pm. I went to the hostess stand to be greet by the most insolent, disrespectful & impolite individual I have ever encountered! I asked for a table for 3. She said there was a 25 minute wait. I consulted the other 2 adults in my party who said ok. I went back to the hostess and said ok, would you please put our name down (as is traditionally done when waiting for a table). Her answer to me was "we don't take reservations". Again, her tone was insolent and degrading as though every one in the world already knew that. I then asked how one would "get in line for a table" if they did not take our name. That set Little Miss Manners into a frenzy! She replied"why are you talking to me like I am a child?" My husband & I just looked at each other as I said, "excuse me?" She said you are talking to me as if I was a child. I said, no I only want to get a table and have dinner! She replied, "well you can stand here and wait 15 min. Then I will tell you if it will be 20 or 25 minutes more for a table." Of course that made no sense to me so I asked to speak to her supervisor. She replied "that won't do you any good. I don't work here". At this point we simply had enough. We left and went elsewhere. The encounter still boggles the minds of 3 adults! But we most likely will never return to Blue Moon. And just in case ypu are windering, wr have eaten there before, there were at least 6 empty tables and 2 people waiting to be seated other than our party of 3!

Reviewed October 12, 2017 via mobile

We went on a Sunday when they only serve pizza and salad. The pizza was very good, the think and regular crust. The salads were made with quality hearty greens. The staff was friendly and we would certainly visit again!

Reviewed October 4, 2017 via mobile

Clean, good sized place, pretty busy, on our first visit the food (big portions) and staff (Carrie) were great. So much so we went back the next night. However on a Sunday they only do pizza and I have food allergies and can't eat regular pizza so had to go elsewhere which was disappointing. So beware on a Sun.

Reviewed July 6, 2017

This is a fantastic local gem is a wonderful little town. It is worth the drive! The staff is friendly and the food is delicious. Try the pizza and garlic bread, you won't be disappointed!

Been to Blue Moon? Share your experiences!