AmericInn Lodge & Suites Merrill
Travelocity
US$40
  • Free Internet
US$75
La Quinta Inn Wausau(Wausau)(Great Value!)
US$79
Stewart Inn(Wausau)
US$114
US$149
US$149
All reviewsno elevatorroom was cleanstrawberries and whipped creambreakfast selectionbasketball tournamentstayed hereenglish muffinsfirst floorhard boiled eggswafflesconference roommicrowave and refrigeratorevery morningthe rooms were nicehot breakfastpleasant staywould stay here again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Just ask, they will try to help you. Convenient location. Nice facility. Family fun. Pool and spa area.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 14 February 2012

They advertise on their marquee that they are number one on Trip Advisor, so I drove past the Super 8 and pulled in. I wish I turned into the Super 8. First of all, I went to Trip Advisor after I checked in and guess what? They are not number one, nor should they be even rated number four in Merrill WI. At $90.00 per night, this Hotel is over priced. I remind you that this rate is a mid-week rate for the winter time. I would hate to see what they charge in the season. The staff seemed nice, but an hour with them left me feeling that I just served under Napoleon Bonaparte. God help you if you complain or cross them. The room was clean, so I tipped the maid. When I returned for my second day, I wish that I did not leave as much as a penny. The TV is cranked down and locked at 75 % less volume. You cannot hear it if you're laying in bed. You must lie at the other end in the bed to hear it. If the heater comes on you can't hear the TV at all. Worst than that at 90.00 a night they don't offer HBO, Showtime or ESPN. Who does that and gets away with it? The continental breakfast is just average at best. I have stayed in a lot of hotels over the years, and I can assure you that you can get the same level of service at a Super 8, Days Inn or Budget Host for half the money. All of these are very close to the American. I rarely write a review and better yet a negative review but this needed to be said. This Hotel "even though they claim," they are number one this motel is far from being number one on Trip Advisor.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
7  Thank Edward V
Reviewed 29 November 2011

We love staying at the AmericInn in Merrill, WI. The place is clean from top to bottom and the décor is so welcoming. Our kids love the pool and we love the hot tub. My husband loves breakfast in bed - ok not it bed but he can go down the hall in his jammies for breakfast with a smile! The staff is courteous, knowledgeable and down home friendly – like I said, “The Best in Town!”

Room Tip: Any of the suites are great when you are traveling with the family
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank pdtesch
Reviewed 13 March 2011

Clean, comfortable and great rates!! Love to take the kids for the weekend and swim.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 October 2008

I stayed at the AmericInn in Merrill, WI on October 5, 2008. My visit was for business. This is a nice property near Highway 51, with easy access. Not fancy, but clean, quiet, and well-maintained. Pool looks nice and clean, though I didn't use it. My room (non-smoking king) was larger than average with the sink outside the bathroom, which I prefer. Staff was pleasant. Breakfast was decent.

Again, my highest priority is cleanliness, and this hotel met my expectations. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2008