“They put the Traveler FIRST!”
Review of The Pfister Hotel

The Pfister Hotel
Ranked #6 of 55 Hotels in Milwaukee
Reviewed 17 September 2015

As often happens to everyone, we sadly leave things behind after checkout. Mine was no exception. I had purchased an extra-long cell phone wall charger. When I departed the Pfister, I left it behind. I called them that evening and, sure enough, they had found it and set it aside. Since I wouldn't be going to MKE any time soon, I asked if they could send it. I would be billed for the delivery, which in the end, would cost more than the chord. I respectfully declined. the night manager, though, a kind and generous soul whose name escapes me, realized I had been a long-time customer of the Pfister. She tracked down my work mailing info and shipped it to my office, writing it off as a "business expense', so the cost to the Pfister would be minimal. THANK YOU, kind hearted Mid-west businesses for your hospitality and warmth and care.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business
DRUSCH_BRANDON, Manager at The Pfister Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2015

Thank you Willie for sharing this great story with us! We find that the little things are often what set us apart from others. We hope to have you back soon and thank you again for being our guest.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,992)

Reviewed 16 September 2015

Historic hotel, friendly staff, immaculate room and a spectacular view of the city and the lake from the 21st floor.
Lots to do in Milwaukee like the Riverwalk, boat tours, great restaurants and a world-class art museum. Also, the at collection in the Pfister Hotel is world-class as well.

Room Tip: Get a high room with a view of Lake Michigan.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing the great experience with the TripAdvisor Community! We take great pride in working to create lasting memories and we hope you will continue to make Milwaukee a destination of choice!

Reviewed 15 September 2015

Beautiful Grand Dame with excellent services. Got a special online that included parking and were quite impressed. Front desk folks very helpful, gave great suggestions for dinner places, as well as things to do in the area.
Room was in the Tower; I was not sure what it would be like, but it was just lovely. Large, great views, updated, terrific shower. Linens were some of the best. Very quiet...maybe the circular layout helps that? We were rather close to elevator, but never heard anything.
The history of this hotel is all over the place, but it has been modernized well. Stopped up at Blu one night. Got coffee from the cafe, and stopped in lobby lounge another night.
Best part is the location. Quick walk to either the River Walk (which is great) or to the lake shore and the art museum. Or head south and in 10 minutes we were in the Third Ward.
We drove to dinner first night, but other than that, no car needed! Lovely restful stay.

Stayed: September 2015
1  Thank Swanbirds

Thank you Swanbirds for the great review from the recent stay! Our Tower guest rooms are well appointed and offer some of the best views the city has to offer! We thank you for taking the time to share the great experience with us!

Reviewed 15 September 2015

The hotel is beautiful and classy. My limo driver told me some stories of ghost sighting in the hotel. I wasn't lucky enough to see one but I thought that was interesting =) The decoration and the furnitures in the room is very elegant as well. The bed was very comfortable. A little bar at the lobby was nice and made some nice drinks. Starbucks downstairs rents out iPad!

Room Tip: Two buildings. More updated one and older one.
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Gaspard_de_la_nuit

Thank you 'Gaspard_de_la_nuit' for the great review! It was great to see that you were able to make the most of the time in Milwaukee! We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 10 September 2015

We were in Milwaukee for a wedding and decided to stay at the Phister to celebrate our 27th wedding anniversary. I am not going to lie-I was a bit freaked out that there were some tales of "ghosts". We stayed in the new portion of the hotel. What an amazing place-I can see why the ghosts would want to hang around here :)
After a day of fun biking and going to the beach we were pleasantly surprised with a bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries to celebrate our special day.
Top notch 4 star hotel in a safe neighborhood.

Room Tip: I liked the newer part better but the older part had bathtubs.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the great review! We truly appreciate you allowing us to be part of the 27th Anniversary! We will see you back soon!

Reviewed 10 September 2015

The Pfister hotel is absolutely gorgeous and contains a collection of beautiful artwork displaced throughout the hotel. The location is perfect within downtown Milwaukee, the Blu Lounge within the hotel has an amazing view, the hotel room was immaculate, the hotel beds were extremely comfortable, the hotel food was delicious but the hotel service is what will make the Pfister the only hotel I will ever stay at while visiting Milwaukee.

Although all the staff were friendly and helpful, the concierge Peter was a jem! He spent almost a half hour with us discussing different tours, restaurants, directions and even providing us some history of the hotel as well as Milwaukee itself. Lauren, a waitress, went way above and beyond to accommodate us; with only having twenty minutes to grab something to eat before boarding a tour bus that was picking us up in front of the hotel Lauren contacted the buffet manager who allowed us to grab a small plate of cheese and fruit from the buffet which was exactly what we wanted to order at the bar but allowing us to get these items from the buffet instead saved us a great deal of time as well as providing us more time to enjoy our quick snack.

Overall, thank you Pfister for a wonderful weekend! I will be back!

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank DrDee003
DRUSCH_BRANDON, Manager at The Pfister Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2015

Hello DrDee003! Thank you for the great review and for taking the time to mention a few of our great service professionals. It was great to recognize Peter and Lauren for their great customer service accomplishments. We take great pride in having the best team of ambassadors to represent our great history and service culture. We look forward to having you back soon!

Reviewed 10 September 2015

It is easy to see why this hotel is #1. It was wonderful all around. Except the dripping faucet in the bathroom. I just closed the door. Beds were so soft. I needed a computer they have one you can use. Covered parking for the bike. (Huge plus). Kudos to the staff, hotel. I WILL stay here again...

Room Tip: It was worth every dime.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo

Thank you CHARTOTO for the great review. It was great to see that you were able to enjoy all that we have to offer. We look forward to seeing you on a future visit through Milwaukee.