2,178 results
All reviews mason street grill tower room blu bar newer tower old section club access top floor lobby lounge beautiful hotel club level grand dame old world elegance older part lake michigan art museum downtown milwaukee grand old hotel
Reviewed September 17, 2015

As often happens to everyone, we sadly leave things behind after checkout. Mine was no exception. I had purchased an extra-long cell phone wall charger. When I departed the Pfister, I left it behind. I called them that evening and, sure enough, they had found it and set it aside. Since I wouldn't be going to MKE any time soon, I asked if they could send it. I would be billed for the delivery, which in the end, would cost more than the chord. I respectfully declined. the night manager, though, a kind and generous soul whose name escapes me, realized I had been a long-time customer of the Pfister. She tracked down my work mailing info and shipped it to my office, writing it off as a "business expense', so the cost to the Pfister would be minimal. THANK YOU, kind hearted Mid-west businesses for your hospitality and warmth and care.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business
DRUSCH_BRANDON, Manager at The Pfister Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2015

Thank you Willie for sharing this great story with us! We find that the little things are often what set us apart from others. We hope to have you back soon and thank you again for being our guest.

Reviewed September 16, 2015

Historic hotel, friendly staff, immaculate room and a spectacular view of the city and the lake from the 21st floor.
Lots to do in Milwaukee like the Riverwalk, boat tours, great restaurants and a world-class art museum. Also, the at collection in the Pfister Hotel is world-class as well.

Room Tip: Get a high room with a view of Lake Michigan.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing the great experience with the TripAdvisor Community! We take great pride in working to create lasting memories and we hope you will continue to make Milwaukee a destination of choice!

Reviewed September 15, 2015

Beautiful Grand Dame with excellent services. Got a special online that included parking and were quite impressed. Front desk folks very helpful, gave great suggestions for dinner places, as well as things to do in the area.
Room was in the Tower; I was not sure what it would be like, but it was just lovely. Large, great views, updated, terrific shower. Linens were some of the best. Very quiet...maybe the circular layout helps that? We were rather close to elevator, but never heard anything.
The history of this hotel is all over the place, but it has been modernized well. Stopped up at Blu one night. Got coffee from the cafe, and stopped in lobby lounge another night.
Best part is the location. Quick walk to either the River Walk (which is great) or to the lake shore and the art museum. Or head south and in 10 minutes we were in the Third Ward.
We drove to dinner first night, but other than that, no car needed! Lovely restful stay.

Stayed: September 2015
1  Thank Swanbirds

Thank you Swanbirds for the great review from the recent stay! Our Tower guest rooms are well appointed and offer some of the best views the city has to offer! We thank you for taking the time to share the great experience with us!

Reviewed September 15, 2015

The hotel is beautiful and classy. My limo driver told me some stories of ghost sighting in the hotel. I wasn't lucky enough to see one but I thought that was interesting =) The decoration and the furnitures in the room is very elegant as well. The bed was very comfortable. A little bar at the lobby was nice and made some nice drinks. Starbucks downstairs rents out iPad!

Room Tip: Two buildings. More updated one and older one.
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Gaspard_de_la_nuit

Thank you 'Gaspard_de_la_nuit' for the great review! It was great to see that you were able to make the most of the time in Milwaukee! We look forward to your return.

Reviewed September 10, 2015

We were in Milwaukee for a wedding and decided to stay at the Phister to celebrate our 27th wedding anniversary. I am not going to lie-I was a bit freaked out that there were some tales of "ghosts". We stayed in the new portion of the hotel. What an amazing place-I can see why the ghosts would want to hang around here :)
After a day of fun biking and going to the beach we were pleasantly surprised with a bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries to celebrate our special day.
Top notch 4 star hotel in a safe neighborhood.

Room Tip: I liked the newer part better but the older part had bathtubs.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the great review! We truly appreciate you allowing us to be part of the 27th Anniversary! We will see you back soon!