“The Pfister is a special place, it somehow gives Old World charm and a vibe of cool”
Review of The Pfister Hotel

The Pfister Hotel
Ranked #6 of 55 Hotels in Milwaukee
Reviewed 12 November 2010

I can not say enough about our great experience at The Pfister!
You get a feeling pretty fast that you are in a special place. This historic hotel has a posh atmosphere and great service. The staff is warm without being drippy and are courteous without being submissive.
The lobby bar was such a great place to hangout, I recommend one of their Bloody Marys
We liked it so much we had 2 meals there during our 1 night stay
My standard room was well appointed but average, the bed and linens were very comfortable and I put those above average. From Room Service I had the fruit plate and yogurt, it was both huge and delicious
I could not imagine going back to Milwaukee without staying at The Pfister

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
StaceyPfister, Guest Relations Manager at The Pfister Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2010

Thank you so much for your excellent review! I am so delighted to hear that you had a great experience while staying with us! I have to agree that our Lobby Lounge Pfister Bloody Marys are something else and I will be sure to pass along to our bartenders how much you enjoyed them! We look forward to your visit with us!!
Sincerely, Stacey Mandich, Guest Relations Manager at The Pfister Hotel

Write a ReviewReviews (1,994)

Reviewed 9 November 2010

The Pfister is a fabulous grand old hotel that is fully up to date. It is beautiful, and the service is impeccable.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
StaceyPfister, Guest Relations Manager at The Pfister Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2010

Thank you so much for your fabulous review!! I am so happy to hear you found us to be beautiful and that the service was impeccable! We look forward to your next visit with us!!

Reviewed 8 November 2010

This hotel is very nice! From the comfy beds to the luxious linens absolutely wonderful. The bathroom toiletries were great, high quality. The lobby is absolutely beautiful with the gorgeous ceiling mural & artwork all around.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business

Thank you for this wonderful review! It's so nice to hear you enjoyed every aspect of your stay with us! We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 26 October 2010

We went to a wedding this past weekend and didn't want to have to take a taxi to everywhere we went, so we paid a little more for this central hotel. Since we chose the Pfister primarily for location we were glad to see it worked out well because we really could walk to most everywhere, with the baby and stroller as well (even in the rain). I would say this is a high end hotel, so food prices were too high for us, but we usually ate light.

We brought our 15month old baby girl and the hotel provided a pack and play. I'm glad I brought blankets for her though because they covered the base with a sheet, but didn't offer covers. We also needed a fridge to keep her milk in and would have been charged $50 a day, but because it was considered a health/medical reason, we were not charged. Only room service offered whole milk, but the waitress at the cafe made a trip to go get some from their service, so that was nice and helpful.

We stayed in a room with 2 double beds vs a king size because it was about $30 cheaper a night. I think that actually worked out better for us too because it made sure the room was a bit wider and we used the other bed to put the baby on for changing her diaper. Like most hotels, the pillows were rather flat and I stole the ones off the other bed, but it didn't help much. The down comforter was cozy though. The rooms are in the newer round portion of the hotel, so there was a great rounded window view. However, I think this also made the angles of the doors for the bathroom a bit awkward. It was fine for a weekend though.

Keep in mind that there are no vending machines and the closest convenient store cost $1.50 for 1 liter of water and like $2+ for a 20oz bottle of Mountain Dew. It was thanks to the really kind concierge, Roc, that I was able to get there ;-).

There is a pool at the hotel, but it's so small and awkward and in a room without windows that no one really used it, not what I saw anyway (and it gave me no interest to try it). On the same level, there is a high rate club place called Blu. We stopped in for afternoon drinks while waiting in between the wedding ceremony & reception. Although nice views, the prices on snack foods & such seemed ridiculous. We were glad the couple we were with ordered a beet so we had a reason to sit there and not buy anything ourselves. It seemed like a pretty cool place to go hang out at say after a wedding, but as a mom with a family, I was more interested in going back to the room to sleep. The band at the Blu club was a bit loud though, reverberating through the vents, so I called the front desk for them to quiet it down. They did just that, so all was fine.

Also, in regards to price, normal rates seemed really high, especially for not having any sort of continental breakfast (we spent $25 on breakfast int he hotel cafe!). The sign in the room said it went for like $359 a night. We were there in a wedding block of rooms, so there was a discount. Keep on the lookout though because I priced it on Expedia just to see if the price was good, and found it on there for $12 a night cheaper then the wedding block rate. I called the hotel, they looked it up and confirmed it, and gave us the hotel at the competitive rate - good deal.

We didn't use any of the spa services and they seemed very expensive, but the reviews I read on their services were highly rated.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
StaceyPfister, Guest Relations Manager at The Pfister Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2010

Thank you for sharing your review with us and choosing the Pfister for your visit to Milwaukee and the wedding party. I am very sorry about the short coming you faced in your hotel room regarding pillows and also the blanket for the Pack and Play-I can assure you we have addressed this for future guests. I especially appreciate the time you took to provide the amount of detail to help other guests plan their trips to Milwaukee and the Pfister! I will be sure to pass along your compliment to Roc, our Concierge, as I agree he is a tremendous asset. I look forward to the opportunity to have you back with us soon to showcase our new “Beat the Clock” happy hour in Blu, where cocktails start at $5 from 5-6p, move to $6 from 6-7p etc through 8pm nightly. I hope you had a fantastic time at the Wedding you attended here! Sincerely, Stacey Mandich, Guest Relations Manager at the Pfister Hotel

Reviewed 25 October 2010

Best hotel in Milwaukee. Stay there just for the experience.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
StaceyPfister, Guest Relations Manager at The Pfister Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2010

Thank you so much for your wonderful review!! We are so happy that you throughly enjoyed your stay with us last month and look forward to your next visit which will hopefully be soon!!

Reviewed 24 October 2010

Stay in the old part of the hotel. Totally charming. Big spacious rooms. Hotel location is great. Staff were very helpful

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business

Thank you so much for your great review!! We always love to hear that we are thought of as charming and I couldn't agree with you more about how helpful our staff is-we all really enjoy hearing that especially since they take great pride with pleasing all our guests!! We look forward to your next visit and hope its just as great!!
Sincerely, Stacey Mandich, Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 21 October 2010

We had our daughter's wedding at the Pfister (this is the 3rd wedding reception we had at the Pfister). Barb was wonderful. The staff did a fantastic job with everything! The food was fantastic, sevice was impecable top notch!!!! Unfortunately this is our last daughter to be married so we will have to visit the Pfister for our own romantic weekend.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
StaceyPfister, Guest Relations Manager at The Pfister Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2010

Thank you so much for staying with us, we are so glad you had a wonderful time at the Pfister!! Congratulations on your Daughter’s Wedding! We are so happy to have been part of celebrating three amazing days with you and your Family! We appreciate your recommendation, and look forward to your next visit for that Romantic Weekend!!
Stacey Mandich, Guest Relations Manager The Pfister Hotel