“Outstanding Restaurant in Milwaukee”

Buckley's Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #66 of 1,666 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed October 25, 2018

It's a good thing we don't live in Milwaukee, or we'd be eating here every day! We had read the menu using Trip Advisor and I fell in love with the starters and appetizers, so it was the first on our stop. We were lucky to meet Pat and Mike, the proprietors, as we were waiting (shivering) for Bradley's to open. They took us in, and brought us wonderful food and drink and visited with us sharing great stories. I am still trying to duplicate their seared Romaine Salad with fried oysters. It was maybe the best salad I have ever tasted. I have tried to make it twice since we got home, but not quite the same! We also enjoyed the artichokes and the famous Vietnamese Bun that their chef has perfected. We also enjoyed the interesting drinks that the bartender provided. Don't miss Bradley's Restaurant and Bar, folks. It was our Standout Restaurant on our 12 day 50th Anniversary Trip, and we also ate in Chicago, and Michigan.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed August 30, 2018 via mobile

We stopped here on our way from our hotel to see the Blue Angels practice along the waterfront a day before the air show weekend. I had seen the adorable outdoor seating and awning from previous trips and that along with the great reviews on TA made us want to try it. When we walked in we were warmly greeted by the bartender/host but that was only good service we got. Im not sure if our waiter was having a bad day or just didnt like us but he really made the entire lunch so unenjoyable. He never filled my tea, he forgot things, he gave my husband the wrong side. He was completely disengaged and condescending. We have never not tipped a waiter...even if we got bad service we still tip a minimum of 10%....but my husband refused to leave a tip...it was that bad. The food was not what I expected for the prices charged. I had the salmon salad, very small and not that tasty. I have had similar salads at other downtown locations that are much better. I wish I had snapped a photo...it sure didnt look like the photos I saw on TA from others, not even close.

Reviewed August 1, 2018

We ate outdoors on July 3, then walked down to the lakefront to watch the fireworks. I chose this restaurant based on location only, but was really happy with it. I had the duck, and my husband had the lamb. We both enjoyed our meals very much. I plan to return. Our waiter Maxwell made sure we had everything we needed, and gave guidance when asked.

Reviewed July 15, 2018 via mobile

We were walking in the area and saw this cafe. It was packed. We were lucky enough to get a table. Food and service was excellent. It was so charming.. we felt like we were in europe. I highly recommend.

1  Thank jmbLosAngeles
Reviewed July 14, 2018 via mobile

While walking to the lake we happened upon Buckley’s. It looked quaint so we decided to try it.
Kelly, our sever was great. The Roots Tartare was an awesome surprise. The best was the Fish and Chips (my term) special of the day. I order this dish quite abit, so I know what I am talking about....the fish was delicious, seriously, light, flakey and tasty.
A very pleasant dining experience.

1  Thank SpencerandCharm