“Love This Hotel!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Iron Horse Hotel
Ranked #1 of 54 Hotels in Milwaukee
“Love This Hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

Went to the Iron Horse over St. Patrick's Day Weekend. It is an awesome hotel. Great decorating in the lobby and the rooms are nice too. We stayed in a corner room on the third floor, next to railroad tracks. We could barely hear the trains contrary to some reviews. Only weird thing is the shower. Has frosted glass so can see from the room. There also isn't a shower door. The shower is HUGE though and so is the bathroom itself. Fully stocked minibar and snacks. We had a good laugh at the "intimate" items in the snack basket. Bed was really comfortable, we slept great. Had a good time in the bar. It's open late and reasonably priced. Great atmosphere. Staff directed us to a nice area of town to hang out in that wasn't as crowded as Water Street. Went to a few cool bars there and had a good time. We will definitely be returning to the Iron Horse. Will definitely be adding one pictures to my review.

1 Thank AngieLaw1
JamesValona, Front Office Manager at Iron Horse Hotel, responded to this review, 9 April 2012
I am so happy to hear that your stay with us left such a great impression! We look forward to your next stay!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (314)
wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2012

We re-visited the Iron Horse on 3/30/12, and again this experience did not disappoint us. The service, the room, the drink, the food was excellent. We always have a great time. The only suggestion is that the water pressure was weak in the bathroom shower and faucet. If that problem is resolved, the hotel is perfect.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for coming to see us time and time again. I am sorry to hear about some issues with water pressure. I will make sure to let our Engineering Department know to see if there is something that can be done.
Waukesha, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2012

This is a great hotel. The staff was very friendly. The room is high-end and stylish yet not pretentious. The honor bar and snacks were much more reasonable than say compared to the Westin Minneapois(ridiculous there where they charge $10.00 to use a corscrew.) The room was comfiortable and quiet. We were there for two nights and it was a treat. The only complaint I had was the lack of water pressure in the shower. Be aware overnight parking is $25. They do attract a drinking crowd. When we came back to the hotel last night, there were two drunk men heckling arriving guests. But overall I really liked this hotel

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank GoldwingGirl1208
I am so sorry that you had to experience 2 gentlemen getting a little too rowdy. We do want people to have fun while they are with us but never at the expense of others. If you should stay with us again and a similar situation arises, do not hesitate to let the front desk know so we can correct it. Thank you so much for your comments!
Fountain Valley, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2012

I have stayed in almost every hotel in Milwaukee and I now I don't even consider going anywhere else. Style, service, location, price. Excellent. And now they have me forever. I learned on this trip that select 2 Queen rooms have bath tubs. My favorite. And not just any bath tub but a deep, Kohler, jacuzzi jet tub! Heaven! I look forward to my next visit.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I couldn't help but smile at this post. Although limited, we do have a room on every floor with a bathtub. Next time you stay let us know and we will be sure to get you a tub. Thank you so much for the review.
Avila Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2012

My husband and I took our pup here for a last weekend get-a-way before our little boy is born. Although a little expensive, it was worth a splurge!

The Room:
-comfortable bed and sheets
-extras to note: H2O+ toiletries, ear plugs in case the train noise bothers you, Keurig coffee makers, ipod alarm clock, huge TV, huge mini bar and snacks, awesome rain shower, bench by door with hooks for jackets etc., outlet plug were in convenient areas, safe, robs, lots of drawer space, ironing board...

Lobby:
It's so fun to just sit down here and people watch. This is a popular hotel for events and stopping for drinks in Milwaukee. We saw a wedding party come in and a Bachelorette party. Lots to look at and comfortable couches.

Puppy Love:
- Chalk board with all the doggie names staying with them.
- $50 extra charge for cleaning
- bowls and shampoo, doggie bed, treats in the room
- Water and treats in the lobby
- Booklet with dog friendly parks, restaurants and stores in the area

Food/Drinks:
- Focus on local ingredients and brews
- A little pricey but delicious and unique food/drinks

If I'm being picky:
- $25 for overnight valet per day was pretty steep, especially if you're staying at the hotel. It's not like you're in the middle of the city with limited parking. The parking lots are gravel lots located literally right next to the hotel. I don't understand why we couldn't park ourselves. Being forced to pay $25 per night for valet was unnecessary.
- We were located on the second floor and it opened to the first floor by a balcony. The noise level on Saturday night was soooooo loud. I thought the staff should've kept the people at a reasonable noise level at 2am since the bar was located in a hotel where people are sleeping.
- Huge cologne smell everywhere. I thought the Jersey Shore cast was following us around. Please tone it down a little people!

2 Thank Erin M
This is such a wonderful list! You have commented on so many things that I personally feel make The Iron Horse special. Thank you so much and come visit us again soon!
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

First class service, incredible attention to detail, pet friendly and SUPER HIP. What more could you demand from a hotel? Delicious food, fun check in cocktails and funky cool people watching? Check, the Iron Horse has all of that and more. I am a dedicated FAN and frequent guest of the Iron Horse Hotel! We have done it all, from a long weekend, to a Brewers game package, and even rented Motorcycles from their recommended partner. The beds are deep and inviting. The showers HIT all of the right spots. I serously can't imagine staying anywhere else on any trips in Wisconsin.

Room Tip: I love the corner rooms-they are worth the extra price tag! I bring my adorable LARGE dog--but don...
4 Thank CJBolle
Thank you for such a great review and for becoming one of our many loyal guests. I love to see that people view us as a place to come for all occasions and even more to see that a guest is enjoying one of our many amenities like the motorcycle rentals. I hope to see you again very soon!
Chesterland, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

I stayed here on a recent business trip. I loved the decor and atmosphere of the hotel. However, I rate hotel based on overall services. I was very pleased with my room, the service and decor. It is a wonderful industrial building converted into rooms - with steel and brick walls exposed. And they have a fantastic patio complete with fire put.

Parking was valet only, location is near downtown but you cannot walk there safely.

And although the bar was okay, the restaurant left a lot to e desired - both for dinner and again for breakfast.

So based on desires, I would probably not recommend this hotel over ones downtown.

Room Tip: All rooms are pretty much equal...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for the great review. I am happy to hear we did not dissapoint your husband when you brought him!