“Just spend the extra money and stay in a decent hotel.” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #51 of 55 Hotels in Milwaukee
Memphis, Tennessee
“Just spend the extra money and stay in a decent hotel.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2012

I was traveling to MIlwaukee all the way from Memphis TN. I called Laquinta and told them that I may be late but I am on my way please don't give away my room. The lady told me if I'm not there by 1am then she was going to give my room away. There was no way I would have been able to find another room that late at night. Plus, I shouldn't have had to find another room. My rooom should have been garunteed. Also when I did get inside the room it smelled of funky sex. My wife and I were also awakened by a lady knocking on our door at 6am. I answered the door and she said sorry they gave me the wrong room number. I don't know who "they" where. I'm not sure if it was the front office who gave her the wrong room number, or someone the lady knew. I should of learned my lesson about this hotel from past experiences. One time before I found a dirty condom laying on the floor. I really can't make things like this up. I wish I was making this up. If you want to stay at a clean quiet place, this is not the hotel for you.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2012

The King Size bed was great, the TV has hook-ups for your DVD player. All types of fast food restaurants within walking distant. Friendly staff arrival and departure.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Billings, Montana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2012

This place is very nice ....clean...and friendly...they help me alot while my husband was in the Hospital..

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2012

I went to Milwaukee with a dozen friends to ring in the new year, and we chose this place due to the price. For about $65 per room, on a weekend and on a holiday, the price was pretty good. When we got there to check in the woman at the front desk seemed easily distracted and not too friendly, but I must say that she tolerated us trying to figure out the payment. The rooms were okay. Not super clean, tub did not drain well and for some reason they put the TV on the dresser right in front of the mirror. Also, the cold wind blowing outside came straight through the heating unit so there was quite a cold draft, but at least the heater seemed able to keep up with it so most of the room stayed warm. Comfort was only so-so, but since we were planning on staying out late and leaving early it did not matter too much. Some of us noticed that there were groups of people just hanging out in the area and realized that this was probably not the safest place. Our cabbie actually told us just not to leave the hotel property and we should be fine. The cab ride downtown was only about 15 minutes. There is food within walking distance (should you choose that adventure) and a gas station down the street. If I were traveling alone or if I were to add a little more to my travel budget I would not stay here again, but if we make the trip again for the holiday next year this could still be a possibility.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank SMO23
North Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2011

Some construction going on but decent quality room for a good price. Far away from almost everything but some restaurants close for food. Local entertainment close as well and a mall a few miles away.

Room Tip: Great location for just a night of sleep or close access to sporting events without being too close...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Madison
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2011

My sisters and I visited relatives in Milwaukee from Mississippi and it was suggested we book this hotel. The area is not the best area and I was skeptical upon arriving. I was surprised to find that the hotel was clean, staff courteous and a light breakfast prepared every morning. The price was also reasonable. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Janet G
Andover, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2011

The hotel itself is very well kept up. It is clean and up to date they have an average breakfast and the staff is nice. The problem is the neighborhood. The area is really rough and rundown. Although people are running in the morning I doubt they would be running at night. They had a security guard who stayed over night in the lobby and they keep the parking lot very well lit I'm sure for security reasons. On the positive, they have a cousins, KFC, McDonald's, Pizza hut and a Wendy's right in front of the hotel.The hotel is right off the interstate, which is convenient . I might stay here again if I couldn't find any other place but this wouldn't be my first or second choice.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family