“Updated old classic hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Milwaukee City Center

Hilton Milwaukee City Center
Ranked #12 of 55 Hotels in Milwaukee
Rhinelander, Wisconsin
“Updated old classic hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2012

I had not been to what is now known as the Milwaukee Hilton for many years. Formerly, it was the "Marc Plaza" and was one of the old, classic, downtown hotels. It is accross the street from the Milwaukee Center, and within easy walking distance of the the Bradley Center where the Buck and Admirals play. In fact it is close to virtually all of the important entertainment venues in downtown Milwaukee(including the Courthouse, which is my favorite!). It is located just off of the freeway and in easy driving proximaty of the Historic Third Ward as well. The hotel manages to keep its classes looks with the huge central staircase for example, and it is beautifully updated as well. It has a waterpark, is 'pet friendly'(up to 60 pound dogs), has a very nice cafe, a sports bar and a wellknown restaurant. The rooms are clean and nicely furnished albeit, small harkening back to a different era. The staff is helpful and friendly. The excercise room was well furnished and I used it several times during my stay. I will be staying there again when I go to Milwaukee for work.
War

Room Tip: Rooms located on the East or Northside have a beautiful view of downdown Milwaukee.
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HiltonMilwaukee, Front Office Manager at Hilton Milwaukee City Center, responded to this review, 3 April 2012
Dear TVL007 -

Thank you very much for sharing your memories of the Hilton Milwaukee with the Tripadvisor.com

We look forward to your return!

jacobruck@hiltonmilwaukee.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (286)
  • Korean first
Durham, NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a convention and if the weather would have been bad I would have loved the enclosed bridge! The staff was friendly, the rooms were clean, and the hotel was in a great location. It was very nice to have the Miller Pub located in the hotel. The only issue was the cafe for breakfast. If you don't want a quick bite from Starbucks you have to wait a long time to get a table at the cafe.

I would stay at this hotel again. But I hope that all the elevators are running next time. They have 6 and I only rode in 2 different elevators the entire time. The lines were long and it took forever.

Dear DanielleDurham_NC -

Thank you very much for sharing your time as our guest at the Hilton Milwaukee with the Tripadvisor.com.

I am very sorry to hear of the wait you experienced at the Café and with our guest elevators. Each of our 8 guest elevators is always in operation unless we are conducting preventative maintenance. During your stay as our guest we did have each of these elevators running however due to the amount of guests coming and going at the same time a wait for their service was created. Please accept my apologies for this delay!

Thank you for mentioning Starbucks as a place to have a quick breakfast if the Café and its full buffet are not an option due to your schedule!

We look forward to your return!

jacobruck@hiltonmilwaukee.com
De Pere, WI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

Absolutely wondefful hotel. This was my first stay at this particular hotel, and will absolutely be booking this in the future. The hotel staff is by far, the best in Milwaukee, namely the gentlemen standing outside waiting to check your bags. The 2 double bed room was spacious enough for 4 individuals. Location was great. Short walk to downtown. Cheap parking ($5.00.day) across the street. There are alot of reviews stating the hotel was noisy, I didn't find this to be true and I was on the 8th floor. Overall, this was one of the best experiences I've had at a hotel. I would totally recommend this hotel to anyone planning on visiting Milwaukee!

Room Tip: Booked on Priceline for $50.00/night
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Chloesmom1
HiltonMilwaukee, Front Office Manager at Hilton Milwaukee City Center, responded to this review, 20 March 2012
Dear Chloesmom1 -

Thank you very much for choosing to be our guest on your recent visit from De Pere! The Hilton Milwaukee is very proud of our service and our property and we are thrilled that you made such great memories! Thank you for the shout out to our doorman! I look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Vancouver, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

One of the best gyms ever. Old building, but done well. I wish they had the exec floor, but I got a good price via Hotwire and have only praise and no complaints. They are connected to inside walkways for cold and that was helpful.

Dear KiowaVT -
It was our pleasure to welcome you to the Hilton Milwaukee on your recent time as our guest! I am glad to hear you enjoyed the amenities that our 7th floor fitness center has to offer!
I am very sorry we could not offer you accommodations on an executive level as we currently do not offer such a floor. This is a change that that Hilton Hotels and Resorts is looking to add to all full service Hiltons that currently do not have a executive floor.

I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2012

I stayed here over a weekend while visiting friends in Milwaukee. The hotel check-in line was long due to system problems, but the staff was efficient and the line went surprisingly fast. The room was nice for what I paid on Priceline ($59/night) and I would definitely stay here again.The wi-fi is free - an added bonus since the hotel website says it is $10 a day. Parking in the hotel ramp is $24/day which I think is gouging. There is ample parking across the street in an open lot for $5 a night, so I paid $15 for the entire weekend with in and out privileges. One vehicle was broken into, but they had ipods sitting in seats, so remove or hide the valuables if you park there. I parked directly under a light each night and had no problems and never felt unsafe.

Room Tip: The fitness center is on the 7th floor, I chose a room near the fitness center.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HiltonMilwaukee, Front Office Manager at Hilton Milwaukee City Center, responded to this review, 16 March 2012
Dear Midwestguy37 -

Thank you very much for being out recent guest and your understanding regarding our computer related issues last weekend! As you mentioned our arrival process was slowed down but thanks to our fantastic Guest Services team issues were minimal!

Our internet is complimentary in our lobbies however it is 9.95 in our guest rooms as noted on our website.

I would also like to recommend to our guests that you choose our covered and secured parking with an entrance on the corner of 5th and Michigan as the flat lot across the street does suffer from no security and no control.

We are looking forward to your next arrival!

Paris, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2012

I had a great time at the Hilton. There is an excellent bar street level. Don't be deceived by the name and generic sportsbar appearance of the place. They have an excellent selection of local microbrews on tap and in bottles and the food is better than you expect.

My room was modern and spacious and they even gave me free wifi for the 2 nights I was there when I grimaced at the idea of paying 9.99 a night for access.

Staff are friendly, breakfast was average. Location is great, right downtown.

Overall I really enjoyed my trip to Milwaukee and I found the people to be very friendly and fun and the city to have a good vibe. Be sure to take the LakeFront Brewery tour while you are in town. Note, taxis are more than you would expect.

Dear JMfromTO -

Thank you very much for choosing to be our guest and for your glowing review of the Miller Time Pub and Grill! As you mentioned a great menu and selection of local beers can be found in our lower lobby!

We are looking forward to your next visit!

Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2012

Room was nice, comfortable beds and clean. We stayed in a 2 doublebed and had plenty of room. The "water park" is excellent for our kids aged 4-7, might not be enough for kids over 12. The decor is aging yet still has charm.

We asked for extra towels and pillows at check in, then called later that night for the same thing and never got them. Ever.

The hallways were loud most of the night with a lot of people who were not staying at the hotel. There also are no family oriented restaurants on the property unless you eat at the water park, which didn't appeal to us. Paying for breakfast is also to be expected, we choose the Starbucks inside the property instead of $10 eggs.

Overall the location and water park are the selling points, the service and lack of family amenities stick out as main reasons to go elsewhere for your mini vacation.

Room Tip: If you are going for the water park, choose the water park room special otherwise tickets to the wat...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Safetguru -

Thank you very much for the detailed review and for choosing the Hilton Milwaukee. I am very sorry to hear of the issues you faced with requesting additional items. Your experience is not typical and I will be looking into the breakdown in your request.

I am glad your found our on property Starbucks (which is franchised by the Hilton Milwaukee) and were able to ensure a quick breakfast as our Cafe didn't suit your needs! We were very excited to recently begin offering breakfast sandwiches in our Starbucks to expand our breakfast offerings!

We are looking forward to your next visit!