All reviews plain water front desk loyal marriott food bar amenities include room was clean valet parking self park grand avenue mall wedding weekend bit dated stayed for one night valet service valet guys pool and hot tub walking distance nice property
Reviewed September 26, 2018 via mobile

Recently stayed at this hotel for business. The staff was very kind. The gym and room were average and a bit dated. There is nothing fancy about this Courtyard, but I would stay there again in the future.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
KerriH317, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2018

Thank you so much for your review... We are so very excited for our upcoming renovation! We will have completely new everything! Rooms, Lobby & Fitness Center!!

We hope to see you next time you visit Milwaukee!

Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

Stayed for one night. Nate up front during the night and Domonique during the morning we’re both exceptional at their job; polite and friendly without feeling insincere about it. The room was a little dated, and I felt a little unnerved by the layout of the chairs (literally a chair in the middle of the floor looking right at the bed) but all in all, for a last minute Priceline option, not too shabby. Would have liked an option to dry my clothes after being caught in the rain but can’t have everything.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Kerri H, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2018

Raoul,

Sorry to hear you got caught in the rain! I will say that we do have a guest laundry onsite so next time it will not be an issue! We are looking forward to our complete renovation that will totally transform the hotel. I hope to see you next time!

Reviewed August 25, 2018 via mobile

Pulled up, valet gives you option to self Park for $20 a night (parking garage nearby), or $33 for valet parking.

Check-in was quick and simple. Front desk person was very curtious and told us to let him know if we needed anything, he'd be there until 11pm.

We had one night in the 2 bedroom with couch, $229, with four guys (two got beds, one couch, I resigned myself to the floor).Room was clean.

Location was very good, easy walk to Public Market (15 mins), Brady Street (40 mins), and many other restaurants. Safe area.

Would return.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Kerri H, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2018

Thank you for your review! We are glad you enjoyed Milwaukee and hope to see you back next time!

Reviewed August 16, 2018 via mobile

Ooooof. I've stayed at a number of Marriott properties over the past few years, and I wanted to like this hotel. However, this is the worst Marriott hotel I've experienced, and isn't far from the bottom of my list for all chains.

I was placed in a handicap accessible room without being told, the bed skirt and curtains had noticeable stains on them, the paint was in rough shape in the bathroom (see pictures for all three), and the outlets were so worn that plugs could easily fall out. Did I mention that a number of rooms face a garbage area where you'll hear the banging of a large number of dumpsters in the morning?

I emailed the general manager of the hotel with the conditions because a note on the desk said to do so - and no response. To say that I'm disappointed would be an understatement.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Kerri H, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2018

Andrew,

Thank you for your review and honest feedback. I am very sorry that you did not have the stay that I know you expect and what I would want for you. I have reached out directly to discuss further.

Thank you!

Reviewed August 12, 2018

First vacation trip to Milwaukee and couldn't have picked a better hotel. Close to lots of attractions. Our primary destination was the Harley Museum; only a 10-15 walk around the corner. All other downtown attractions and restaurants were about the same walking time. Valets were spot on all week! Breakfast package was great! Entire staff was so nice! Would stay here again!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Kerri H, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2018

Thank you so much for your great review. Milwaukee is a GREAT city full of fun things to do! Thank you for choosing our hotel to be your home away from home! See you next time!