“Nightmare at the Inn...”

Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Airport
Ranked #4 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 29 February 2012

If you are not a business person staying at this hotel then don't bother booking this hotel. The front desk night staff and restaurant night staff were rude and incapable of providing any service whatsoever. Our experience left us in tears and disbelief. We were in town to attend a funeral with my 85 year old father whose sister just passed away and to help my ailing mother who was in ICU. My sister stayed in this property for nearly a month last year when our mother became ill so we booked this hotel.The restaurant was understaffed and we bore the brunt of having to help ourselves only to be scolded by the server whose primary job was to deliver room service. Our dinner on Friday was comped by the chef due to poor service and cold food. We did not request nor demand the comp. When we returned to the restaurant Saturday evening with our Father the staff turned on us and told us we were "difficult" people. Security is also a problem. Never once was I asked for identification when I approached the front desk to activate my room key as the rooms were booked under another name. Management was totally absent all weekend so when we were told to go to our rooms and threatened with police removal if we did not we had no choice but to go to our rooms. After contacting the hotel manager by phone he told us to not interact with any of the night staff. We suffered unbearable humiliation after being referred to as "you difficult" people repeatedly by the night staff. If the Hilton brand objective is to have their guests leave happy then they failed miserably. We paid our bill in full but requested an investigation into the night staff's actions. The response from the assistant manager did not provide the explanation we had hoped for. I know one thing for sure. Their are 10 people who will NEVER book the Hilton brand again and those ten people have thousands of friends who will hear their story.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
7  Thank carolg612

Reviewed 27 February 2012

Our company had a training class that lasted a few days in Milwaukee. I had heard good things about the Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Airport and decided to book 22 of our employees there. These employees came from KY, IN, and WI. The HIlton Garden Inn helped shuttle to and from the airport as well as to the training 5 miles away. Kimberly, the Sales Manager called me frequently to keep me updated as I was 200 miles away. I had compliments from the Employees as well as Management. I am very impressed with their service.

1  Thank Susan S
Kimberly P, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2012

Dear Susan S ~ Its was our pleasure to accommodate your group on all levels. We take pride in making sure all the details even the small ones are addressed. We know how hard you work to put together these training events and knowing we can support you makes our job that much better! Thank you for taking the time to share your honest feedback, it makes me smile to know we were able to make a postive impact on your meeting planning experience.

Reviewed 26 February 2012

These folks understand how to make you feel at home. Friendly smiles, engaging conversation and a willingness to go the extra mile. Thanks to everyone (especially Ms. KP) for making our group feel so welcome!!~

1  Thank MikePichik

Dear Mr. Pichik - Thank you for taking the time to express your feedback regarding your experience at the Hilton Garden Inn-Milwaukee Airport. One of our main core values here at the HGI is customer service - we truly believe in maintaining that special rapport with our guest. It takes a true team effort to maintain a succesful hotel and I'm proud to be apart of this team and mostly proud you could witness this yourself. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 26 February 2012

Chose this hotel because of proximity to Mitchell Airport and their "park and ride" service. It's great hotel, easy to find (we drove up from Chicago) and close to a lot places to eat. The room was very spacious, comfortable bed, fridge, microwave, nice TV. Decent workout room, nice equipment. Didn't use the pool, but it looked nice. The "park and ride" service is a great - cost was excellent - $25 for the week (you can stay up to two weeks I believe). The shuttle was on time for our departure - 7am on a Saturday. It's a 5 minute ride to airport. The return process was just as easy - we arrived at the international terminal, called the hotel and the shuttle was there within 5 minutes. Our driver Pete was great, made sure we had directions to get back on the interstate. He dropped us right off at our car. Also, it had snowed while we were gone and the hotel staff made sure to wipe the snow from all of our windows prior to our return - we did not expect that. Next time we fly out of MKE, we'll be staying here again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bkp2012
HGIMilwaukeeAirport, Tourism Ambassador at Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2012

Dear bkp2012,
Thank you for staying with us and for reviewing our hotel on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your feedback! I'm glad to hear the Park & Fly Package was easy & convenient for you. I'll be sure to let Pete know you spoke so highly of him- he'll be happy to hear your comments! Hopefully during your next visit you'll have a chance to relax in our pool & hot tub. Thank you for sharing your experience, we look forward to seeing you two again soon!

Reviewed 22 February 2012

I have selected this hotel for my wedding reception this coming August. From the initial tour, Mila Godic in Sales was accommodating beyond our expectations. She offered creativity (definitely an out-of-the-box thinker), great attention to detail with regard to what we envisioned and has been extremely thorough with each and every detail of our event. The property is gorgeous, exceptionally clean and each staff member we have encountered has delivered the highest level of customer service.
We stayed at the property prior to booking our event and our stay was flawless. Whether for business travel or an event, we highly recommend this property.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TLCH38
HGIMilwaukeeAirport, Tourism Ambassador at Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2012

Dear TLCH38,
Thank you for sharing your thoughts about our hotel and for your high rating of our property & staff! I'll be sure to pass your comments on to our management and sales team; I'm sure they'll appreciate them, especially Mila. I'm glad to hear your stay went well and that our friendly staff took good care of you. We are so excited to host your family & friends for your wedding and look forward to making your special day perfect!

Reviewed 20 February 2012

I stayed here on business on a Thursday night. Staff was very freindly and courteous. The rooms were nice and clean. I had the breakfast buffet ($11.99) which was very good. The hotel is kind of in the middle of nowhere. You could actually park and stay here for a few days without having to go out to eat. They had a fitness room with treadmills, pool, and hot tub. I would higly recommend this hotel.

Dear WItraveler2000,
Thank you for staying with us and for your kind words about our hotel & staff! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your room, the breakfast and some of the amenities we offer. We hope to see you again the next time you're in town, whether you're here for business or to relax!

Reviewed 18 February 2012

There are a lot of upsides and almost no downsides I can think of for this property. For a property with reasonable proximity to the airport, the rates are extremely competitive. This is a relatively new property with attractive outside grounds. The grill, for both breakfast and dinner, is sufficient for a hotel. Television offerings are extensive and first rate. The room itself is spacious and the beds are comfortable.

Hotel showers and washrooms are appropriate both for persons of size and height. The pool is a bit small and not open 24 hours, however the gym comes with standard issue Procor exercise equipment and is open 24 hours.

Parking is plentiful, regularly patrolled and well lit. There is little to offer in the immediate area as it is proximate to the airport, so use this hotel only if you are car bound. Service is prompt and friendly. The lobby decor is excellent.

Rooms come with a fridge and microwave, for those of you who find those amenities a necessity.

About the only downside I can give you is that of noise, hall noise and noise from rooms next door do tend to bleed through. But it is an extremely competitive property for the area and comes highly recommended. It is my preferred property at which to stay when in the Milwaukee area. For those of you who are Hilton bound and looking to do work in Kenosha/Racine, it is a better alternative than the Hampton Inn in Gurnee.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
HGIMilwaukeeAirport, Tourism Ambassador at Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2012

Dear cromartie,
Thank you for staying with us and for reviewing your visit! We appreciate that you've shared these details about our hotel with other travelers. We're proud of all the amenities our hotel has to offer and are sure everyone can find a favorite spot to relax here.

I apologize for the noise disturbance during your stay and hope you were still able to get some rest. During your next visit we would be happy to assign you to a room at the end of the hall if you'd prefer as that should be quieter.

We are thrilled to be your preferred hotel when you're in the area & appreciate your recommendation. Thank you again for choosing our property, we can't wait to see you again!