“Terrible customer service”

Milwaukee Brewing Co.
Ranked #17 of 207 things to do in Milwaukee
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: MKE Brewing Co. started as a brewpub, the Milwaukee Ale House, in October 1997 in Milwaukeeʼs Historic Third Ward. Fast forward 10 years and over 300 innovative beers later to November 2007 when MKE Brewing Co kegged off their first brew at their 2nd Street Brewery located in the trendy Walker’s Point neighborhood. A WDNR Green Tier Certified brewery, MKE Brewing Co. prides themselves on taking the artisan approach to brewing, using only the finest local ingredients and never making compromises. Tours are offered on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. Reservations are recommended.
Reviewed September 2, 2017 via mobile

We booked a tour and accidentally went at the wrong time. As part of the tour we were supposed to get a tour, a pint glass and half a glass pour. They were unwilling to reschedule our tour because we 'wasted' four spots earlier in the day- even though we paid in advance . They were also unwilling to give us the half pour. I'm visiting from out of state to try their beer and will never drink their beer again. I have never been to a brewery with such terrible customer service. MKE brewing doesn't care about its customers (or prospective customers). All we wanted was to try the beer and we were denied that request. This is not your local craft brewery.

All reviews
"bachelor party"
"two hours"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed August 30, 2017

MKE Brewing is a fun place to go for a few drinks. For $10 you get a short tour of their small facility plus samples of the beer, which is delicious. I'd also recommend checking out the happy hours, which are like self-guided tours with endless beer. Get tickets in advance, as they do sell out for both tours and the happy hours.

Reviewed July 22, 2017 via mobile

Great brewery tour, the tour is fun and you will learn something about beer. You can try unlimited beer samples for two solid hours!! Great beer and great fun!! Do it!!

Reviewed July 8, 2017 via mobile

We had a great time here. For $10 you get to drink the craft beer for two hours, get a token for a free beer at a select number of bars and get a tour of their brewery. It seems to be popular with the locals. Tours are 1p to 5p on the hour but tasting starts 30 minutes prior. Full size souvenir glasses. The last tour tends to fill up quickly. I would recommend this for those wanting to taste a variety of craft beer.

1  Thank Sharon3959
See more reviews
Reviewed June 28, 2017

I really enjoyed my trip to the MKE Brewing Co. and the generous tasting that follows.

We still talk about our Milwaukee Trip and how crazy it was because we made this the first stop for my cousins Bachelor party.

My favorite brew was Weekend @ Louie's which I would not have taken as a beer to be part of my palate but I find my self searching for it everywhere I go!

The glass and drink token are a nice touch as well that comes with the tour, both are keepsakes we can discuss over the next several years to remember our time spent in Milwaukee!