1,094 results
All reviews brew kettles blue ribbon brew house copper brewing terrace suite unique hotel full kitchen stained glass attached restaurant continental breakfast cool hotel rooms are huge hard boiled eggs exposed brick valet service valet parking historic building
Reviewed July 10, 2016 via mobile

My husband, parents, and I came to Milkaukee to see the STL Cardinals play. We decided to stay at the Brewhouse Inn and Suites. We loved it. Aside from Miller Park, it was in walking distance of everything we wanted to do. (A little over a mile was the longest distance we had to walk). The room was clean, the bed was comfortable, and the bathroom was spacious. All the staff was friendly and helpful. We enjoyed the architecture from when it used to be an old brewery. If we ever come back to Milwaukee we will stay here again.

Stayed: July 2016
Stefan F, Guest Relations Manager at The Brewhouse Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2016

Thank you for staying with us Lauren C. We love having people from all over the world come and stay with us, even if they are Cardinal fans. Next time your in town make sure you use our attached Gourmet Pub's Free Shuttle. Jackson's Blue Ribbon Pub goes to all Brewer, Bucks, Marquette mens Basketball games and more.

Reviewed June 23, 2016

Check-in was smooth and quick, I checked in about 3:30pm which is 1/2 hour early, I think. I was told the room type I had book was not available so they had upgraded our room to a King Suite room. It was huge, really way more space than we needed. Shower/bathroom was large and clean, kitchenette was clean, bed was super comfortable. I slept well AFTER the noise from Jackson's Pub outdoor patio, directly below my window, died down around 10:30pm both Sunday and Monday nights, noise from other rooms and/or guests in the hotel was almost non existent however. The room temp was spot on and I never had to adjust the temp (not even sure there was a thermostat). I felt that the room was a bit dark, but it didn't bother me. Strangely there was not box of facial tissues in the room. The Valet staff was nice and efficient, although $28 a night (which is standard for Milwaukee and most cities).

Hotel is conveniently located for Marquette U. Be warned that there is literally nothing around the hotel as far as food choices although the in house pub, Jacksons, is good (have eaten there on a previous visit to Milwaukee and it was consistent and tasty both times). There is a continental breakfast that I did not try.

Monday night, the fire alarm went off around 11:30pm and sounded for about 10-15 minutes. FYI, it is really loud so there is no chance you will sleep through it in the case of a real emergency! Then the fire alarm when off about an hour later (12:30am-ish)and sounded for about 5 minutes. Then the fire alarm went off again around 3:30am and once again at nearly 7am. So, a total of 4 alarms throughout the night made for a truly lousy night's sleep. In the morning, when we checked out, I asked what the deal was with the alarms and was told that they had attempted to fix the problem Monday during the day but "apparently it wasn't fixed", no apology and then the person asked "how was your stay in the upgraded room?" which sort of felt like "don't be complaining about the fire alarm sounding, you were in an upgraded room." probably not her intention but it felt weird. Check out is by11:30 and was very smooth.
All in all this is a very nice hotel, clean, quiet (despite the pub noise and fire alarms), super spacious, with trendy hipster décor. Hands down beat the very small room that I had stayed in at another "corporate" hotel in downtown Milwaukee I imagine as the area redevelops it will be a great location, but right now it is rather sparse. I liked it and would stay again but it is pricey I feel. Paid $189 for Sunday night and $249 for Monday night. $189 is absolutely fair, $249 is a bit hard to swallow. (Especially when you add the $28 per night parking fee.I did park at a meter on the street Sunday night for free without incident,not sure that was legal?). I'd really give it 3.75 stars, could have been 4 without the minor noise issue we experienced and the price. I'd definitely chose it over some other downtown Milwaukee choices.

I actually inquired about staying again when we return in August to drop DD off at Marquette, but I think the $250 a night mid-week will likely knock it out off our list. Will definitely try to book it again sometime perhaps when husband and I visit our DD and want to treat ourselves.

Room Tip: Ask to not have our room overlook the pub patio
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Stefan F, Guest Relations Manager at The Brewhouse Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to write a such a detailed review. Feedback from our guests is vital to making sure every persons needs are addressed. I apologize for the fire alarm unfortunately that's not something that was planed and the cause has been addressed.
Overnight Valet Parking is $26 per night, $23 if booked in advance. If you were asked to pay a different amount please contact me at the number below.
Our area is up and coming with lots of stuff to do and see. New high end housing, Olde World 3rd street which is full of restaurants and bars is 6 blocks away, the new Bucks arena is around the corner just to name a few options. Next time you stay with us make sure you ask the staff for recommendations, we know all the great spots!
Thanks again for your time.

Stefan Frank
414-810-3350

Reviewed June 20, 2016

We were in Milwaukee for a wedding (at Best Place), and stayed at this hotel because of its location adjacent to the wedding venue. But we were impressed, and would return even if NOT attending an event nearby. Our room was spacious and comfortable, the hotel itself was beautiful and well-maintained, and full of historical artifacts, and the staff was unfailingly helpful, kind, and patient. The valet was not excessively priced, and the valets were flexible when we requested that our car be parked nearby at different times.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family

Thanks for the kind words dbfritz. We love having weddings stay with us, it gives the hotel a great vibe.
We hope you stay again real soon.

Reviewed June 8, 2016

This hotel is very unique as this building is former brewery coverted into the inn and suites. As per the title I only stayed one night for business so I can't comment on everything but will include everything I experienced.

Front Desk Staff
-They were extremely friendly, helpful, and very welcoming.

Rooms
-I was not expecting an actual suite so this was a nice surprise. Lots of space, large fridge, glasses and plates, 2 TV's

Breakfast
-free continental. Looked like fruit, cereal, bread, yogurt. (I didn't eat as we were going out)

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
Stefan F, Guest Relations Manager at The Brewhouse Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2016

Thanks for being our guest iaafm. The saying around here is that nobody stays just once. All of our rooms are suites that feature full kitchens!
We hope you come back soon.
Thanks again.

Reviewed June 6, 2016 via mobile

We recently booked a number of rooms at the Brewhouse for a family wedding. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. The staff is excellent. My only concern was the AM breakfast. My husband and I stayed there a couple of years ago and were delighted with a warm, large breakfast the next morning.
Apparently that has changed and the breakfast offering is just a few cold items. I feel bad I hyped the breakfast up to our guests. The comment I heard was " for the cost of the rooms, we expected more from the breakfast"

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family

Thank you for celebrating with us NicoleS. We hope you return real soon!
We are always looking to improve our Continental breakfast, your feed back is much appreciated.
Thank you for staying with us!