“Good food, great outdoor patio”
Review of La Fuente Restaurant - CLOSED

La Fuente Restaurant
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch
Neighbourhood: Walker's Point
Reviewed July 17, 2017

In an otherwise quiet neighborhood, this bustling (on a Sunday) restaurant is a strong choice. The fajitas (half order is enough!) and enchiladas are large portions and very tasty. Service is brisk, but dining is not rushed. Great brewpubs nearby, easy parking.

Date of visit: July 2017

Reviewed June 28, 2017

As I was visiting Milwaukee, my daughter and I thought we would go to La Fuente's for an al fresco lunch. We arrived there at 10 minutes to 2 to take advantage of their lunch menu which ends at 2:00 pm. When our waiter, Juan S., gave us the menu I noticed it was not the lunch menu, so I questioned it. He kind of fumbled for a minute and then said "well, by the time you would get your food it would be 2:00 pm". Seriously?? Because our time was limited, we stayed, but we will NOT be back!

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed June 22, 2017

We have recently relocated from Wisconsin to New Mexico. But when we lived in Milwaukee, La Fuente was one of our two favorite Mexican restaurants in the Historic Third Ward in downtown Milwaukee. Conajito's Place was our other favorite.

Both restaurants have very reasonably priced, good, cheesy Mexican food. The main difference was the large outdoor eating and drinking area at La Fuente. You might especially want to go for lunch when there are a number of lunch specials, including specials on pitchers of Margaritas, and Quesadillas.

La Fuente is located on 5th Street, between Pierce and Bruce streets. You can park on the street if spots are available or they have their own free lot on the opposite side of 5th Street.

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed June 3, 2017

We stopped after a brewers game for dinner and drinks. The food was excellent and the margaritas even better. I will definitely be back.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed April 28, 2017 via mobile

I have returned time and time again to savor La Fuentes shrimp soup. On 4/27/17, I was greatly disappointed. Small portion, lack of imagination with garnish and cloudy broth was my $15.00 entree. I could have bought 2lbs of frozen shrimp and had a feast with that amount if $. Even asked the server if it was the full portion. Hope you improve this La Fuentes!!!!

Date of visit: April 2017