“Our favorite casual Mexican place”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Hector's Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #347 of 1,543 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 10 August 2016

My husband and I like to eat at Hector's when we are in the mood for Mexican. They have great fajitas (my husband) and a grilled chicken taco. Also good chips and salsa beforehand. They have a happy hour with yummy Margaritas. Guac is pretty good too. We also enjoy their little patio. This is a very casual atmosphere. Recommend!

Reviewed 20 July 2016

Super friendly bartenders and waitstaff. Excellent food - I had the Chile Rellenos at on visit and another spicier dish / specialty that was even better on my first visit - unfortunately I can't remember the name. Healthy margarita options like beet juice margarita which was surprisingly good...and strawberry salsa! Creative options using local produce and cheese. Nice little patio - unpretentious.

Reviewed 31 December 2015

I come here all the time with my children and husband. We were here for dinner and we all ordered a combination plate of one kind or another except my son had the cheese quesadilla and it is your typical quesadilla. I always have the ground beef tostada (my favorite), the ground beef chimi, and my husband always has the chicken tinga. The chicken is always tender shredded chicken with a wonderful seasoning and it has cilantro in it as well. The blended strawberry margaritas are good too. We always sit in the dining area - small but not too bad. Parking lot is very small so if you can find parking back in if possible. Otherwise you can park on the street or in the public lots. Service is always pretty good and they serve the food fast too.

Reviewed 27 November 2015

Great place to hang out. They have learned to make my Bloody Mary. It is hot and not for beginners. Steve is treasure and so is staff. Stop in and prove me wrong.

Reviewed 8 July 2015

Went here with my grown kids for Cinco de Mayo and it was a blast. The joint was jumping with young and old having a great time celebrating. There was a bit of a wait (darn close to what the hostess informed us it would be) and it was worth it. We had a pitcher of margaritas for $26.50. We had the carne aside tacos, three tuesday tacos, the puerto en adobo and the barbacoa ($46.50). all were quite good, service prompt and very fairly priced. Will definitely be back since it is convenient to after work.