“Amazing Steaks and much more!”

Mo's A Place For Steaks
Reserve with OpenTable
Mo's A Place For Steaks is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 1,665 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Price range: US$31 - US$80
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Bar Scene, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: West Wisconson Avenue
Description: Mo’s...A Place for Steaks has an ambience others strive for. A sexy yet sophisticated feel, combined with great food & unmatched service create a customized dining experience. It’s not just the wet-aged steaks that arrive beautifully cut, cooked & plated, or the extensive wine list: Mo’s is a luxury that feels luxurious. Settle deep into a leather chair, listen to tunes playing on the baby grand or relax while sipping a martini & think just how good it feels to be you!Culinary delights don’t end with the steaks – you’ll find a wide selection of delicious entrées, appetizers, sides & desserts.
Reviewed August 23, 2016 via mobile

Best fine dining I've found in Milwaukee. Appetizers, sides, salads, entrees, wines, and service are all 5 stars. Mo's is much more than great steaks! I had baby back ribs and smiled so big my face hurt. Try the crab cakes, lobster mac & cheese, and Brussels Sprouts side. Ben was our waiter, and it was evident from him and all other team members that only perfect service was acceptable. Great for a romantic dinner or a business dinner. NOT a place for young children! They have private rooms for groups too. Mind you, you get what you pay for, and Mo's is expensive but worth it! Business casual or nicer attire is appropriate. Reservations strongly suggested (I booked with Open Table). Valet parking available. Enjoy!!!

1  Thank Scott H

Reviewed August 11, 2016

Again, Milwaukee has done a great job of preserving their older building architecture while keeping up with modern necessities. We filled the entire large room on the second floor and their seating was perfect for a large group, as it was a rectangular arrangement of seats, but a very WIDE table, which made it easy to keep up with conversations at the other end of the table.....plus, it gave room for the multitude of side dishes that were ordered of "family style" portions. Though I didn't have any of the wines we ordered, the one who did were quite pleased (I had my choice of two really nice IPAs!). STEAK.....there are chicken and fish plates, but what's the point? The bone in rib eye was substantial, tasty and cooked exactly as I asked. All the sides were good and there were so many, I can't recall all of them. Someone in our group who specializes in food claimed that Morton's was fashioned AFTER Mo's....not sure of the accuracy of that claim, but if true, Morton's picked the right steak house to emulate!

1  Thank Jim D
Tom Y, Manager at Mo's A Place For Steaks, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2016

Thank you, Jim, for taking the time to share your experience with you group at Mo's! We are so happy that we were able to take care of your party and provide a pleasurable experience. Please know that we value your comments highly and are also looking forward to the next opportunity that we have to serve you. Thank you.

Reviewed July 26, 2016

We were there just prior to Christmas last year and it was, as they say, like you read about. Super professional service the kind you don't see often anymore. Gourmet from go. Great food, elegantly service, class all the way.

Thank you, Mark, for your amazing review! We are so happy you enjoyed your meal and cannot wait for the opportunity to serve you again soon in the near future! We strive to provide the highest quality service and food prep possible, so I'm very pleased that you were able to experience that. Thanks again for your feedback!

Reviewed July 22, 2016

A very good choice for a pleasant and meaty dinner. Vegans had better stay away. We started at the bar where a very pleasant bartender coolly served the drinks and traded some jokes (without being overeager). We proceeded to a nicely placed table and got introduced to a well developed menu. I must say that I am not often in the US and the portions were a bit of .... something else. We got explanations on different cuts and were shown the raw pieces. I got adventurous and ordered their signature bone-in ribeye (20 oz.) that I enjoyed and then regretted. It was simply a bit too much and too fatty. But, nevertheless, I would highly recommend this place, as it has plenty to offer and the staff were very helpful and courteous.

Reviewed July 6, 2016 via mobile

Great place for steaks! And the best sides also. And a big A+ for the cookie desert. Staff could be nicer...