“Oh my, what a meal! Wonderful steak”

Milwaukee ChopHouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Milwaukee ChopHouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 1,630 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Price range: US$40 - US$60
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: The Milwaukee ChopHouse began its critical acclaim 13 years ago. From the beginning it has earned a reputation for providing a spectacular wine list, a consistent classic menu, all while being delivered by some of the best service professionals the city has to offer. Our cellar is extensive and well thought through. With a list that was honored by The Wine Spectator with the Award of Excellence, how can one not find the perfect choice? The menu is a reflection of its classic steakhouse atmosphere. Some of the best steaks and chops are served along side the freshest seasonal seafood. Located in the heart of downtown, the Milwaukee ChopHouse is within walking distance of the theater district, sports venues, shopping and the lakefront.
Reviewed September 5, 2018

We were in town for the Harley Davidson 115th celebration. We spurged one night and dined in our hotel restaurant, the Milwaukee ChopHouse. Our waitress, Kaitlin, was brand new on the job, but she was extremely nice, efficient, courteous, and friendly.
We ordered Crab Cakes for appetiser. Fabulous! Really tasty large chunks of crab meat.
My main course was the small filet. It was cooked to perfection, Medium, just like I asked. The baked potato was really good, too; as was my Ceasar Salad.
Having spent enough money, I didn't order wine. I know several wines on the wine list and they were priced way higher than usual at restaurants. I know, by the glass and even by the bottle have huge markups, but these were even higher. If more customary, I'd have ordered at least one glass . . . maybe two with my meal.
So instead of wine, my friend and I both tipped very well.
We couldn't have asked for a nicer dining experience.

1  Thank UltraLimitedTraveler
Zulf S, General Manager at Milwaukee ChopHouse, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review The Milwaukee Chop House. I was most pleased that you enjoyed all the cuisine and that your experience was exceptional. I was also very happy to hear that our team member Katelyn was hospitably attentive in servicing you when you dined with us. Your observations are exactly the type of feedback we need to help us achieve the high standards of excellence we have set for ourselves. Our success depends on the satisfaction of guests just like you.

Again, thank you very much for your comments.

Zulf Shariff
Milwaukee Chop House

Reviewed September 2, 2018 via mobile

This restaurant is inside of Hilton Milwaukee City Center, and is a great place for dining good (and something expensive).

Very good plates. Excellent meat, well prepared.

All menu is for recommend.

Ah, they have an excellent “carte” of wines.

And the ambience is very formal. I liked!!

Zulf S, General Manager at Milwaukee ChopHouse, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2018

Most pleased your recent visit to The Milwaukee Chop House was positive experience.
Thank you for taking the time to review your experience.
Please join us again soon.

Zulf Shariff
Milwaukee Chop House

Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

This place is class and the food was great. I got the sliced prime rib sandwich. The caramelized onions were delicious and the horseradish sauce was dynamite. Hot fresh fries
Fast service
Friendly service

I'm full but I want another one.

Zulf S, General Manager at Milwaukee ChopHouse, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2018

Thank you for the Amazing review. Very happy you enjoyed your experience. Your feedback is of utmost importance to us. Glad you enjoyed the food and service.

Reviewed August 25, 2018

First time in a LONG time that I have eaten at an old school Hilton Hotel restaurant. My review is---it's okay. Service was good. Drinks strong, steaks were fair. The bread--you could tell it had been frozen previously. The asparagus was undercooked and we sent it back. Wedge salad was pretty good. The prices were high---we went to Capital Grille the next night right across the street---and for the same prices...and Capital Grille is MUCH better. I just think that for the prices you pay at Milwaukee Chophouse---the quality needs to be better--a lot better. We would not eat here again. It's super convenient of course if you're staying at the hotel---which we were. There are just better options at this price point.

Reviewed July 11, 2018 via mobile

After 2 days of fried cheese curds (at different locations in Milwaukee), we were in need of some good food (salad) and wine.
The Happy Hour here was fantastic! Got the crispy beet salad, the burger and great wine on happy hour prices. We sat in the bar area and the server/bar tender was exceptional. Friendly and helpful.

Zulf S, General Manager at Milwaukee ChopHouse, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2018

Cheese curds are great, but I was happy to hear you had an exceptional dining experience when you visited us. Our happy hour runs daily and we hope to have you join us again soon.
Thank you very much for taking the time to review The Milwaukee Chop House.