“Wonderful, memorable experience”
Review of Crazy Water

Crazy Water
Reserve with OpenTable
Crazy Water is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #34 of 1,670 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Cuisines: Fusion
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Walker's Point
Reviewed June 18, 2018 via mobile

We thought we had a reservation, but did not, so we had to sit at the bar even though we arrived at 5pm opening. I’ve been here a couple of times before, and I’m more impressed with the quality and value of this place each time.
The short rib dumplings were shared, causing special sounds to be emitted from each of us - spectacular!
The branzino plate was excellent, with each of us helping to get every morsel off of that fish’s bones.
The two salads that we ordered were also savored.
I love the lack of pretension here, just commitment to quality in a small, fun restaurant.
Go to this place, but get a reservation!

Reviewed June 18, 2018

Love the vibe here, and the wee kitchen in front puts out incredible food, especially considering its...weeness. Our 6-top last night all really liked the food - we tried most of the stuff on the menu. They were out of a few things already at 5:30pm, including some of the wine on their menu. But very nice menu and great atmosphere!

Reviewed June 4, 2018

Can see why the mixed reviews are here. Food for the most part was pretty good, wine list was small but decent. Service was a little slow, although it was busy and the kitchen is small.

Reviewed May 7, 2018

Making a reservation two weeks in advance, we thought, would get us a nice, out-of-the-way table = we asked for one - but we were told we had to sit at the table right in front of the door = the one everyone bangs into when they enter. The noise level in that part of the restaurant was like eating in a factory. The cooks seemed intent on slamming every cooking utensil in the kitchen - adjacent to our table - and, every time clean plates were brought to that area, they got slammed in place too.
But noise wasn't the only unpleasantry. We also had everyone literally climbing over us. People seated in the window area or near the wall had to climb over us to get to their seats or use the bathroom. The waitstaff had to climb over us to deliver food and drinks and the hostess had to climb over us to pour water.
This may have been worth it had the food been good. It wasn't. I don't know about you but when I'm eating and get a mouthful of gristle it pretty much ruins the meal. The veal was pounded to extreme thinness which may account for the fact that it was charred a bit and the potatoes were so overdone I could barely get a fork into them.
The bread was good. The wine was chilled perfectly. But it took over 1/2 hour to get either bread or wine and we there an hour before our actual meal arrived.
I'd say the whole place is a disaster.
Avoid it. You can get a better meal just about anywhere for $100+/couple.

2  Thank sheboygannancy
Reviewed March 19, 2018

This was our third visit to Crazy Water over the last year or two. Each time we are more impressed than the last. The first two visits we were seated at the bar, and I highly recommend it. It allows you to watch the two chef/cooks prepare the food in the TINY kitchen space behind the bar. They are a thrill to watch!

I highly recommend making reservations and then to show up right on time. This is a very small place and if you show up early, there really is no place for you to sit, or stand, while waiting for your table. To say that space it tight is an understatement. That said, we think it is such a cute place and love the character and feel.

Now the food. I have to admit, each time I go and look over the menu, nothing really jumps out at me. BUT - Once I have my food, its an "OMG" moment each time. This last visit we enjoyed the bacon wrapped dates as an appetizer, shared the cream squash soup, and hubby had the Beef Wellington while I enjoyed the Crazy Shrimp. We finished off with the lavender creme brulee. No complaints from us. We talked about our meal the whole way home that night. It's not overly cheap, but you get what you pay for here.

We highly recommend this place, and can't wait to return! I already know I'm going to have the scallops.