“Best Flan!”

Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 24 March 2017 via mobile

This turned out to be a great place to celebrate my daughter's birthday. We made a reservation and our table was waiting for us. Great food! Friendly service! And, indeed, as our server promised: "the BEST Flan"!

Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

I can summarize this real quick for you: our food was really great and our service was one step above awful. If you want more detail, read on.

The service: really, really, reeeally slow. Not like "dining in Europe" slow, but like "15 minutes to get our water" slow Even the "fresh made guac" was brought out in a bowl at least 15 min after we ordered it. Our server was very nice, he was just not very attentive or personable. I'll spare you the rest of the details, just know that the entire meal went at about that pace.

Here is what we ate: guacamole- good but VERY limey. And chocked full of onions so if you like more avocado, skip it. Papusas- good but not great. Nothing overly special about them. Bacon wrapped shrimp- loved them! Pork enchiladas w/ yellow pepper jabenero sauce- AMAZING!!!! Absolutely delicious. I also had a white wine cocktail that was very boozy and delicious.

I would go back again. The place is super cute. Now that I know the food is amazing, I can mentally prepare myself for the potential of really slow service to get that food in my belly!

Reviewed 5 January 2017

Pleasant surroundings and friendly staff and not your usual menu items for this Hispanic themed restaurant. Yes there are enchiladas and tacos, but so much more, from other Latin American countries and also Spain. On Sundays they also have Paella, not often seen. The signature chicken with creamy sauce had a nice jalapeno kick. The salad with it a nice light dressing and variety of lettuce and veggies in it . The patata side dish had a good cilantro sauce in the bottom and Viejo Ropa Cuban meat dish with plantains very tasty. Luis the waiter was friendly and pleasant. We were there for a late lunch and it was not busy. Specialty tapas are offered in the evening as well a unique margaritas. Specials certain nights of the week. There is a decent size parking lot, and outdoor patio for warmer days. The restaurant was easy to find. My son says it's close to the Milwaukee conservatory Domes. The decor was bright but not overdone. Not a huge place, I believe there are about 16 tables, and no "private" seating area for party groups. The lunch menu had just enough variety but not so much you get overwhelmed deciding and end up with a combo plate all mushed together. A very enjoyable lunch and just right portions. I want to go back at nite to try the tapas.

Reviewed 26 December 2016 via mobile

Our drinks and appetizers came out quickly. Guac needed more acidity but had good flavor. Specialty drinks from South Am and Cuba were tasty. Wow, it was a long wait for the entrees but the waitress was attentive and we were not starving. Teens ate entire entrees of bacon wrapped shrimp and pork enchiladas soooo quickly. Enchilada was a little spicy. My Peruvian beef tips had a great flavor but the freezer steak fry potatos were not needed on the plate especially since I found a chubby crinkle cut french fry in the mix. I would have loved more crispy peppers/onions and NO potatos with my cilantro rice. Stuffed pepper with pomegranate was well balanced. Flan was giant, tasty, and very cheesecake-like but needed more caramel and touch of salt. We will be back to try more items!!!

Reviewed 27 November 2016 via mobile

Ordered a chicken vodka cream sauce. Chicken was tender and moist. Cream sauce was delicious. Very good lunch. Will try again