“1st time visitor”
Review of The Purple Door

The Purple Door
Ranked #3 of 26 Dessert in Milwaukee
Reviewed April 9, 2017

As the title says, 1st time visitor. I was highly impressed with this ice cream place.
They have many flavors, flavors that you may have never heard of before. They have flavors with booze in them as well (not many though).
Just on the first visit, I had a double scoop ( scoop of cinnamon roll and honey vanilla )
and bought a pint of egg nog. Like I said I have never been here before, but I was very impressed with what they had to offer, prices were reasonable, and it all tasted great!

Check it out and enjoy!

Reviewed March 30, 2017 via mobile

I love ice cream and I enjoy experimenting with flavors. That said in not sure it's fiscally prudent to make too many unpalatable flavors. Reminds me of Harry Potter's every flavor bean which at least in the Purple Door's case you know what you're tasting before you taste it.
So value-wise you don't get a lot for what you pay for. You could almost buy two half gallons of ice cream from the store for the price of a hot fudge sundae. Flavor wise and texture wise? Frankly I've had better. So what's the appeal? Tasting weird flavors that ultimately get you to buy an overpriced scoop of ice cream. Most people will find it hard after putting the counter girl through the laborious task of giving you samples to try to then just walk away without buying something.
I hope it survives but competition is heavy against them.
At least visit them once and have an experience. Buy a scoop of something. Consider it a charitable thing to do.

Reviewed January 19, 2017 via mobile

The ice cream at purple door is pretty great even though they don't seem to change their flavors very often. It's location in the third ward makes it a cool place to go on dates or just to stop with some friends.

Reviewed December 7, 2016

Stopped by here after a lunch at Soup Bros. (two blocks to the south) on the recommendation of a friend.

I'm not a big ice cream eater, but the chocolate ice cream I had was super creamy. My friend was thrilled to death with all sorts of unusual flavors. I'm a traditionalist.

Service is super friendly and samples are offered. You can even get a flight of ice cream, a bunch of half scoops if you can't make up your mind.

Reviewed November 25, 2016 via mobile

I loved the flavors at this place. They do not rely on artificial colorings or flavors. The texture is creamy and not overly fatty. Will definitely be coming back. They have a wide variety of flavors, some out there and some classic.